Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2013 Pulsed Motor Build Off Competition Announced

Started by markdansie, August 25, 2013, 02:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Ok,i think this is a combination of the"dropping a rod magnet down a copper pipe,and the homopolar motor.
If we made a homopolar motor,and placed a free wheeling copper ring around the rotating magnet on the motor,the copper ring would rotate in the same direction as the magnet.
So we send an electric current through the copper ring,and the magnetic field would be at right angles to the electric field,as are the PM's field's to that of the copper ring.
So realy,it is working just like the homopolar motor.

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on August 30, 2013, 09:22:16 AM
Ok,i think this is a combination of the"dropping a rod magnet down a copper pipe,and the homopolar motor.
If we made a homopolar motor,and placed a free wheeling copper ring around the rotating magnet on the motor,the copper ring would rotate in the same direction as the magnet.
So we send an electric current through the copper ring,and the magnetic field would be at right angles to the electric field,as are the PM's field's to that of the copper ring.
So realy,it is working just like the homopolar motor.

No, it isn't, I think. Don't forget that the ring spins in the opposite direction from the magnets if the brushes are on the outside edge, and in the same direction as the magnets if the brushes are on the inside edge.  The ring isn't spun by eddy currents from the magnets if they are both going in the same direction; also the ring coasts freely once the magnets are in the "lock" position, even while current is still applied. Eddies must exist in that case but they are too weak to affect the motion of the ring, except maybe to slow down its coasting a little bit. The ring is only propelled (by something) while the magnets are not yet in the "lock" position at 90 degrees from the brushes, even if current continues to flow.

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on August 30, 2013, 08:59:55 AM
@TK
So we need to arange the magnets to produce the field pictured below?

Yes, pretty much. Actually you can even put "keepers" on the ends of the magnet pair and get even more flux confinement that way. But if you spread the magnets apart and don't use keepers like in my Slab, then you have much more flux leakage than you are showing... and I think it works better.
IOW, I don't think Marinov's explanation of no flux leakage and a scalar field interaction is really what is happening. But regardless of why it works, the strange thing is that it does work. If the explanation of pushing against the brushes and lead-in wires is correct, then Jeffery's foil lead-ins should have been pushed out of their pools when the current started flowing and things started to move. But they weren't. This is why the experiment is worth doing, and turning it into a pulse motor for continuous running is a great project. Marinov thought that it would be a "perpetuum mobile" with the ring spinning forever without any more power supplied. I wonder what would happen with a superconducting ring.

Pirate88179

Does anyone think that my pulse motor powered by my earth battery would be interesting enough to enter with?  I really like the idea of this competition.  I am just not sure that any of my pulse motors would be different enough to be competitive.  The earth battery angle is about the only angle that I might have.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

SeaMonkey

Quote from: TinselizedK
http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Vacuum-Copper-Gaskets-4-1-2-CF-Flange-3-1-4-
(trimmed for example purposes)

Ahoy Mate,

A hyperlink would have been very useful
in the above case as some browsers are
unable to process long urls and stretch
the page to very, very wide.