Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2013 Pulsed Motor Build Off Competition Announced

Started by markdansie, August 25, 2013, 02:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Hey tinman I noticed in another thread on OUR that you said something about toroidal wound coils in pulse motors:
QuoteIf the field was contained within the core,how dose the rotor spin?.There has to be a magnetic field pushing against the rotor magnet's.

But in a "core effect" pulse motor like Steorn's Orbo or my Orbettes, the operation is different than that. What happens in those motors is this: the ferrite of the core material is normally attracted to either pole of a magnet with equal strength. But if you wind a nice coil around the toroid you can drive the core into magnetic saturation, and this actually _reduces_ its attraction to external magnets of either polarity. No field need leak out from the toroid itself. You can prove that the "core effect" isn't due to leakage by reversing the polarity of the DC current in the toroidal winding. This has no effect on the strength of the "reduced attraction" of either polarity of the external magnet.

So for a core effect motor using toroidal coils, you time it so that the coils are _off_ as the rotor magnet approaches the coil, and then at the point of closest approach you pulse the coil. This _reduces_ the attraction of the rotor magnet, no matter the polarity of the current or the magnet, so the rotor magnet can move along past the core without being dragged back as much as it would otherwise. The difference in attraction can be small but the effect can produce strong acceleration in the rotor anyway. It's a very weird way to run a pulse motor but it works great, even when you have really well-constructed toroidal coils with essentially no flux leakage. The magnetic saturation of the core material by the contained flux,  so that it can't be further attracted by an external magnet, is the key.

tinman

Quote from: TinselKoala on September 11, 2013, 05:30:27 AM
Hey tinman I noticed in another thread on OUR that you said something about toroidal wound coils in pulse motors:
But in a "core effect" pulse motor like Steorn's Orbo or my Orbettes, the operation is different than that. What happens in those motors is this: the ferrite of the core material is normally attracted to either pole of a magnet with equal strength. But if you wind a nice coil around the toroid you can drive the core into magnetic saturation, and this actually _reduces_ its attraction to external magnets of either polarity. No field need leak out from the toroid itself. You can prove that the "core effect" isn't due to leakage by reversing the polarity of the DC current in the toroidal winding. This has no effect on the strength of the "reduced attraction" of either polarity of the external magnet.

So for a core effect motor using toroidal coils, you time it so that the coils are _off_ as the rotor magnet approaches the coil, and then at the point of closest approach you pulse the coil. This _reduces_ the attraction of the rotor magnet, no matter the polarity of the current or the magnet, so the rotor magnet can move along past the core without being dragged back as much as it would otherwise. The difference in attraction can be small but the effect can produce strong acceleration in the rotor anyway. It's a very weird way to run a pulse motor but it works great, even when you have really well-constructed toroidal coils with essentially no flux leakage. The magnetic saturation of the core material by the contained flux,  so that it can't be further attracted by an external magnet, is the key.
I to thought this to be true once,but much testing shows me that the field isnt contained within the core. Infact, even with a very small amount of power pulsed into a toroidal inductor(coil), a magnetic field is produced eminating 360* around that toroidal coil. Not all the produced magnetic field is confined within the core.

magpwr

hi everyone,

I have uncovered an article that is related to "ou" motor which is merely running off from magnets with no batteries.
Unfortunately i do not have sufficient know how about mechanics or designing or even to advise or validate.

I am merely attaching this file hoping that someone whom is capable in designing is able to verify maybe by replicating to prove if this device is fake or for real.

Maybe this can be the masterpiece to win the competition. :D :D :D

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on September 11, 2013, 06:38:12 AM
I to thought this to be true once,but much testing shows me that the field isnt contained within the core. Infact, even with a very small amount of power pulsed into a toroidal inductor(coil), a magnetic field is produced eminating 360* around that toroidal coil. Not all the produced magnetic field is confined within the core.

I agree, an imperfectly wound toroidal coil will have considerable leakage, especially from the connecting wires. But careful winding and proper core material can reduce this to very low levels. If you put too much current in the coil, the core saturates, and then it essentially acts like it has permeability = 1 for additional flux from the windings, so this flux can also be detected outside the toroid.

But what I describe is definitely true. The core effect is distinct from attraction and repulsion effects in a pulse motor. You can reverse the polarity of the DC pulses with little or no effect on the core effect rotor RPM, and the timing requirement is a dead giveaway. At first it might seem like you have a repulsion motor because the timing is similar, but on more careful examination... like by reversing the polarity of the rotor magnets ... you will see the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfdLC676S94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpRELAryfGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEWAjzA7YYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBS3tDyZEs8

Hmmm there seems to be something wrong with that last video which is a shame because it is the most interesting of the bunch. I think it's being suppressed, I can't even get it to play right on my channel.