Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My Tesla Coil.

Started by mx1000, October 30, 2013, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaIV

Thank you  mx1000 for the delivered info !

But for me it will take time to study and understand the basics and fundamentals of his meanings(original) and intentions(original,refered) ,included claims and designs !

Sincerely
              CdL

TinselKoala

Quote from: mx1000 on October 31, 2013, 08:40:51 AM
The wire is insulated. Should I extra insulate it by spraying paint on it or  brushing glue over it ?
Yes. Most people seem to be using a clear spray coating called "Krylon" here in the USA. I used nearly two whole cans, 10 coats or so, on my MOT-DC coil.
And yes I know the shematic isn't 100% correct but thats because I have no PC at my 'workshop' and cba to instal printer due having to IP on my intranet (192.168.XX.12) since printer is on the other IP range.

I saw a spark gap, correct my if wrong, but I think it was you'rs in the comparsion thread with a toggleabe distance thing (yes is you'rs just looked back) http://www.overunity.com/13935/tesla-coil-build-comparison-proof-of-ability/dlattach/attach/129134/image//
Prolly gonna impost that thing once I get it somehow running.

Good. If you try to use your gap you will quickly see why I recommend something different. A major problem with TC gaps is "power arcing", where the gases/plasma from the spark doesn't dissipate fast enough and so a continuous arc can form, rather than a sharply interrupted spark. The TC system needs a fast _shut-off_ of the spark to work properly. This is why the compressed air makes so much difference in my coil. Without the air blast, my simple 2-element sphere gap doesn't work nearly as well. I am "blowing out" the spark with the air.

About NST's I still need to order one, but I doubt I will do because I have more questions about the tesla coil.
Any city of reasonable size will have Neon Sign workshops, you may be able to get a used NST from your local sign shop for not much money.
And toroids I still need to order or create one, I am aware of that.

1. I don't need a tank reservoir if using modern strong capacitors right ?
Sorry, what I call a "tank" is the complete circuit formed by the primary coil and the capacitor. When the spark is "on" the coil and capacitor are connected together by the spark and this forms a resonant "tank" circuit. Sometimes I refer to the capacitor in this "tank" as a reservoir, since it helps to store the energy. The inductance of the primary coil is also an energy storage. In Tesla's time high-voltage capacitors were large and expensive and even looked like "tanks" (reservoirs, not war machines!).
2. The higher the voltage the less amps(less heating) thus more power runs trough the wires ?
Power is the product of voltage x current. (Watts = Volts x Amps). You can have the same power with high voltage low current, or low voltage high current. The power dissipated in the wires as heat is the product of the square of the current x the resistance of the wire. (Watts = amps2 x ohms)
3. What is the rated energy gain from transmitting to receiving (+-% if any as I understand and understood?) ?
I don't know. In any case this will depend on many variables of construction and design and operation.
If you are talking about the expected voltage rise in the secondary coil, that can be calculated once you settle on your final design. Many builders begin with the calculations and design based on them, but I generally build first then calculate.
4. As NST I can destroy a microwave and use the converter in there instead of ordering professional equipment ?
Yes... but the Microwave Oven Transformer (MOT) is _much more dangerous_ than a NST, because it is not current-limited. It is also much harder to use in an AC Tesla coil, because it usually doesn't have the necessary voltage output. 2 or 3 kV is usual for a MOT and a normal AC TC wants a lot more voltage in the primary than that. A MOT is more of a "current source" than a voltage source. My MOT-DC coil is probably unique. Most MOT-powered coils use 2 or more in series for AC, and/or a more complicated circuit involving HV diodes like Farmhand's DC MOT coil.

I want to replicate a tesla coil, or a tesla coil variant.
Once succes I want to focus on Sweet VTA. I couldn't find a topic here nor sub forum.
You know any topic perhaps ?
There are some old threads on the VTA, I think, if you search. Look in the "community" tab.
Also what can you tell about windings ? For example 1000 windings instead of 500 windings since you built multiple ?
The length of the secondary wire windings is the main thing that determines its resonant frequency. A Tesla Coil is a "quarter-wave resonator" with one end grounded and the other end capacitatively coupled to the rest of the world. So as a rough estimate, you can take the total length of the wire on the secondary, multiply that by 4, and then determine the frequency corresponding to that wavelength. (Frequency = 1/wavelength, with freq in Hz, wavelength in meters, time in seconds.)
I have so many questions but I don't know where to start. Mainly because multiple sites write multiple things.

Very hard for me to determine the best/most efficient.
You use IRC perhaps ?
No, I only post in forums and on YouTube. Yes... there is certainly a _lot_ of information about Tesla Coils out there. The best is really very technical stuff.
Just ask questions as they occur to you, someone will always be around to answer them.
And TinselKoala you're the reason I signed up.
Thanks ! And the best of luck to you. Please be careful though, especially if you think to use a MOT. It is no joke, this thing can kill you dead, and it only takes one single mistake to do it. Keep one hand in your pocket (so if you do get shocked it can't go through your chest and stop your heart) and use some insulated-handle thing to short the capacitor before working on the system, and keep a cliplead jumper across the capacitor to keep it shorted when not in use.

lancaIV

First reading : http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl/TeslaTrueWireless.pdf
                             (original) by Nicola Tesla :

by my words (first overview)

tunnel-similar winded band-waves   versus Hertzian wave theory
                    air coil (tube)
                  aerial sound channel

probably important : frequency to modulate the distance: band-gap

There will be much more to find but for this I will need paper(s) and pencil(s).
For writing and drawing and then to emphaize this.

Sincerely
              CdL

p.s.: the natural system process is horrible 8)  complex ( see Thaddeus Cahill ) also today used by sound eng-i/e-neering /composing by syntheziser/Vocoder;
but nature took millions from years to invent hisself and we want to get it in
several days,weeks ! (offered on a golden plate ? Voyager : voyage,voyage,....)

See,read and hear( wi-hi-fi-) and feel about
                              the Art of Composing (old and modern):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcwLDxlNKdU&list=RD02uaWrdbvhg1Q
                          1-50. ( the audio-video on the right side )
               so many buttons to variate and modulate :transmutate

thinking also back to the first steps:
             the Henry-telegraph machine and the Morse-Code/Alphabet

the Tesla-telegraph machine  and the ..................................................
                                                                    encode and/or decode ti and it

make your own peer-review

braingame:
                         Tesla coil  Tesla ray coil  T-ray coil         T-ray tube
                                          Tesla machine

Ronald Fessenden machine
http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=US&NR=1157094A&KC=A&FT=D&ND=3&date=19151019&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP       
               tube emissor and receiver  to spheric emissor and receiver

look for Ronald Fessenden invention collection

signal anglo : si(g)nal portuguese  si(g)n- or sight-seeing

TinselKoala

I love the Stockhausen. I have only heard that on vinyl, many years ago. Thank you for posting it. The "gloss" (annotation comments in the video) is also very interesting, like liner notes.
Thanks!

mx1000

Quote from: TinselKoala on October 31, 2013, 06:04:21 PM
Yes. Most people seem to be using a clear spray coating called "Krylon" here in the USA. I used nearly two whole cans, 10 coats or so, on my MOT-DC coil.
Good. If you try to use your gap you will quickly see why I recommend something different. A major problem with TC gaps is "power arcing", where the gases/plasma from the spark doesn't dissipate fast enough and so a continuous arc can form, rather than a sharply interrupted spark. The TC system needs a fast _shut-off_ of the spark to work properly. This is why the compressed air makes so much difference in my coil. Without the air blast, my simple 2-element sphere gap doesn't work nearly as well. I am "blowing out" the spark with the air.
Any city of reasonable size will have Neon Sign workshops, you may be able to get a used NST from your local sign shop for not much money.Sorry, what I call a "tank" is the complete circuit formed by the primary coil and the capacitor. When the spark is "on" the coil and capacitor are connected together by the spark and this forms a resonant "tank" circuit. Sometimes I refer to the capacitor in this "tank" as a reservoir, since it helps to store the energy. The inductance of the primary coil is also an energy storage. In Tesla's time high-voltage capacitors were large and expensive and even looked like "tanks" (reservoirs, not war machines!).Power is the product of voltage x current. (Watts = Volts x Amps). You can have the same power with high voltage low current, or low voltage high current. The power dissipated in the wires as heat is the product of the square of the current x the resistance of the wire. (Watts = amps2 x ohms)
I don't know. In any case this will depend on many variables of construction and design and operation.
If you are talking about the expected voltage rise in the secondary coil, that can be calculated once you settle on your final design. Many builders begin with the calculations and design based on them, but I generally build first then calculate.Yes... but the Microwave Oven Transformer (MOT) is _much more dangerous_ than a NST, because it is not current-limited. It is also much harder to use in an AC Tesla coil, because it usually doesn't have the necessary voltage output. 2 or 3 kV is usual for a MOT and a normal AC TC wants a lot more voltage in the primary than that. A MOT is more of a "current source" than a voltage source. My MOT-DC coil is probably unique. Most MOT-powered coils use 2 or more in series for AC, and/or a more complicated circuit involving HV diodes like Farmhand's DC MOT coil.

There are some old threads on the VTA, I think, if you search. Look in the "community" tab.
The length of the secondary wire windings is the main thing that determines its resonant frequency. A Tesla Coil is a "quarter-wave resonator" with one end grounded and the other end capacitatively coupled to the rest of the world. So as a rough estimate, you can take the total length of the wire on the secondary, multiply that by 4, and then determine the frequency corresponding to that wavelength. (Frequency = 1/wavelength, with freq in Hz, wavelength in meters, time in seconds.) No, I only post in forums and on YouTube. Yes... there is certainly a _lot_ of information about Tesla Coils out there. The best is really very technical stuff.
Just ask questions as they occur to you, someone will always be around to answer them.Thanks ! And the best of luck to you. Please be careful though, especially if you think to use a MOT. It is no joke, this thing can kill you dead, and it only takes one single mistake to do it. Keep one hand in your pocket (so if you do get shocked it can't go through your chest and stop your heart) and use some insulated-handle thing to short the capacitor before working on the system, and keep a cliplead jumper across the capacitor to keep it shorted when not in use.
I might actually have NST here at workplace (trafo's in my language).
I am almost sure they aint powerfull enough.

Can I put them in series, I don't think so but just asking ?

Can you tell me how strong the capitators need to be ?
So I order them together with a NST.
(psst, maybe I can build/wind my own NST ?)

Can you also answer these questions please ? , citated from first post.
"If I understand the tesla coil properly, and what I readed (please correct me if mistaken),
It is no free energy UNLESS you use static energy with dielectric isulation and turbo amplfy it with a turbo coil or multiple coils.
But on the other side I also readed that when you have a turbo coil, and you have 1 volt @ 60 hertz, and after the coil it comes out at 1 volt 120 hertz you actually have, when splitted down, 4 volts of 60 hertz ?"

Sincerly.