Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Builds

Started by j_lindgaard1, January 20, 2014, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: j_lindgaard1 on January 21, 2014, 05:51:34 AM
I also know you don't build anything

I don't build anything? What a joker you are, Jimbo! You are showing your ignorance again. Here are just a few of the things I build and document:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TinselKoala/videos

yet harass me for what I work on.

I'm pointing out that you have _NEVER_ shown anything interesting and in fact... I remember your silly Heron's Fountain claims, which you could not support with facts or data. Nobody is harassing you for what you "work" on.... just for your whining and your excuses.

It's my hobby and I plan on enjoying it. Why I'll continue my work in a forum where people do build. They understand it takes time.   ;)

edited to add; @All, almost cut off 3 fingers working through my medical problems.

Maybe you would be better off if you didn't try to operate power tools while you are on medication.

For people that have no serious health concerns, and no builds to show, expect what TK and his friends post.

Does that last sentence even make any sense?

j_lindgaard1

Quote from: MarkE on January 21, 2014, 03:25:14 AM
j_lindgaard1 I am sorry you have had to battle with cancer.  The couple of pieces in the pictures and video look like works of love.

The problem with perpetually unbalanced wheels is that gravity persistently shows itself to be a conservative force.  No matter how anyone designs a gravity machine, over the course of one full cycle everything in the machine will have traversed a closed path sometime over the course of that cycle.  That's up the stairs down the stairs so to speak for each and everything in the machine.  That means that the net energy available to the machine over that full cycle adds to zero.

Thanks Mark.
It took me a while to realize specifically what Bessler knew. Lack of cooperation from other forum members made things more difficult than necessary.
With 2 opposing bellows, work is measured by how much a bellow opens and the mass of the water moving.
The transverse (lateral) movement of the water takes time. And if the orifice is too small, then it creates an obstacle.
With a sufficient opening between bellows, water will flow rather quickly. There is more to it than that but to understand a new concept and realize it's potential can take a little time to think it over.

Jim

MarkE

Quote from: j_lindgaard1 on January 21, 2014, 03:28:25 PM
  Thanks Mark.
It took me a while to realize specifically what Bessler knew. Lack of cooperation from other forum members made things more difficult than necessary.
With 2 opposing bellows, work is measured by how much a bellow opens and the mass of the water moving.
The transverse (lateral) movement of the water takes time. And if the orifice is too small, then it creates an obstacle.
With a sufficient opening between bellows, water will flow rather quickly. There is more to it than that but to understand a new concept and realize it's potential can take a little time to think it over.

Jim
Jim, I am glad that you are enjoying your efforts.

I try to do what I can to keep analysis simple.   When it comes to cyclical machines seeing what happens to each significant piece in one complete cycle is useful.  It avoids a lot of mucking around that can lead to misinterpretations and mistakes.  I liken it to a scavenger hunt where we skip all the steps in the middle.  All that matters from an energy perspective is where we start and where we end each cycle.  In the case of overbalanced wheels, over one complete cycle everything ends up back where it started.  Under the assumption that gravity is indeed a conservative field as our current understanding of science asserts it is, that means that there is zero net energy we can extract each cycle.  Now, if one isn't quite so sure that gravity is a conservative field there are at least two options one can take:  Build up an entire machine to see if one can make a self-running apparatus, or try and figure out a condition under which gravity might not be conservative, and then test under those conditions to see whether gravity stubbornly remains conservative or not.

j_lindgaard1

Quote from: MarkE on January 21, 2014, 06:37:37 PM
Jim, I am glad that you are enjoying your efforts.

I try to do what I can to keep analysis simple.   When it comes to cyclical machines seeing what happens to each significant piece in one complete cycle is useful.  It avoids a lot of mucking around that can lead to misinterpretations and mistakes.  I liken it to a scavenger hunt where we skip all the steps in the middle.  All that matters from an energy perspective is where we start and where we end each cycle.  In the case of overbalanced wheels, over one complete cycle everything ends up back where it started.  Under the assumption that gravity is indeed a conservative field as our current understanding of science asserts it is, that means that there is zero net energy we can extract each cycle.  Now, if one isn't quite so sure that gravity is a conservative field there are at least two options one can take:  Build up an entire machine to see if one can make a self-running apparatus, or try and figure out a condition under which gravity might not be conservative, and then test under those conditions to see whether gravity stubbornly remains conservative or not.

Mark,
  Many years ago, I use to do simple tests for conservation of momentum. And as you mentioned, when something moves, it needs to be moved to it's original position after every cycle. Bessler's wheel does this.
You see, I have taken much criticism for how much math I employed. A couple of people just hated it. But it does show where potential exists. And with what I am working on, it comes to life. I tend to think of an over balanced wheel as a differential equation.
It is as Bessler said, there is a motion to be found in his drawings.
With Mt 27, the 2 opposing levers will have only one weight out of balance. The weight that is 90 degrees to the bellows is considered in balance. And if the bellow on top opens 2 inches and the wheel is 40 inches in diameter, the center of mass for the shifting water will move about 24 inches.
That's 12 inches of over balance. What needs to be considered now is the total mass of the water. If it is 4 lbs., then 8 inch lbs. of force as a minimum is needed to open the bellow. And a 1 lb. weight using leverage can have 2 lbs. of force which means the weight needs to drop 5 inches.
This leaves you with a net gain. It will work. It took me 6 months to realize Bessler used water then another year or 2 to figure out precisely how he did it.
Needless to say, a few people pretty much hate me for sticking with it and realizing Bessler's wheel. Some people's credibility is based on Bessler's wheel not becoming known.
BTW, I will be building Mt 127 on the way to a 4 weighted wheel.

Jim

MarkE

Jim, if we enforce First Principles and examine carefully we will find that there is no overbalance over the course of a complete machine cycle. 

Enjoy the project anyway.  The woodwork you have done looks very nice to me.