Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to use our free energy

Started by Cadman, January 29, 2014, 01:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

As far as I can tell this issue has not been addressed on this forum. My apologies if it has been.

The issue? What to do with the relatively high frequency output from our devices, how best to use it to power our homes during power outages and other times?
I have given this a lot of thought and it seems the options are limited.

As a target I chose 120vac 3500 watts continuous, 5000 watts peak.

The problem to solve:
Given a sufficiently large a bank of 400 volt 60uf caps pulse charged to 300 volts what would be the best way to convert this to 120 vac 50-60 Hz mains voltage? The more economical the better.

Possible solutions:
1. Use the caps energy to keep battery banks charged for use with an inverter, and swap batteries as needed.

2. Use these caps to power a bank of 10 350w-500w peak MSW inverters.
        Could these inverters be paralleled for double or triple wattage?

3. Drive an electric motor coupled to a generator head.

So far I am leaning toward option 2 because an inverter of this size can be made somewhat easily with a couple of transistors, a handful of resistors, a smoothing cap and a rewired microwave oven transformer.

I welcome any comments, ideas or suggestions.

Regards,
Cadman

forest

Either Don Smith style : store in cap then use inverter converting directly from caps to AC quasi or pure sinus or modulate to 50Hz in device and filter via LC filter.

Cadman

Hi forest,

I appreciate your comment.
Don Smith style, eh? More reading for me... :)

Seriously, when you say 'store in cap then use inverter' do you mean switch out the charged cap and use inverter, or run the inverter while the cap is still being pulse charged?

As for 'modulate to 50Hz in device and filter via LC filter' I'm afraid you lost me there, I'm an industrial design engineer, not EE. As this is a lot of watts to handle could you offer any insight as to how this modulation and filtering could be designed? Do you mean the LC inductor would be a transformer primary?

Sorry for all the questions but this is a serious issue for me, it's not idle speculation. I really need to learn a good way to provide smooth power to the inverter(s), preferably while the caps are still being pulse charged. By smooth I mean 48VDC without fluctuating outside of 40-60VDC.

If anyone else would like to join in, I'm all ears.

Regards

forest

Sorry, I only said theoretically .... I know that newest inverters are build with ferrite core transformers and a storage caps in the middle : first they chop DC from battery into high frequency, store in 400V cap and then create square, quasi-sine  or sine wave output 230VC AC. That last part is what is needed to get AC from cap. This is Don Smith style because he presented something like that in one of his lecture , storing energy in large 8kV oil caps, he also (in his pdf book) included schematic of  simplified multivibrator to produce output - not complete schematic but an idea...
Second way I believe is used by Tariel Kapanadze, Sr913 and others, but I don't know how it works.

LibreEnergia

My advice would be to disconnect the device and use whatever power supply it used  directly. Far simpler and the efficiency will be higher.

Following that invest the money saved in buying a proper integrating power analyser and use it to measure the output of your device and realise you have been fooling yourself.