Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Arc Flash and Free Energy

Started by Feynman, February 18, 2014, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thx1138

Spark gaps will enable you to do some interesting things but I've never heard that they produce any excess energy. They will enable you to switch kilo and mega volts which is all but impossible using any other low cost methods. You can also get some interesting effects with quenched spark gaps which gives the pulse a very fast fall time. Another of the things you can do is uni-directional impulses. Unlike diodes they can be run without any reverse leakage. I think Tesla managed to get from 95% to 98% efficiencies out of some of his devices using spark gaps which was phenonomal for his day and in many cases is still phenonomal today.

But they have their down sides also. The electrodes constantly get burned away so they need constant attention to keep them tuned although Tesla overcame large parts of this problem. And they require very high voltages to work so they are dangerous. You are literally taking your life in your hands when you are dealing with high voltage spark gaps. A moment's inattention can kill you.

dieter

Just made some tests, after reading about "charge pump" and radiant energy receiver. It was said, the secret lies within the spark, that would "suck" additional current out of the ground.

Anyway, I had a 1500vdc Moskito killer circuit, that made nice little sparks from 10 to 100hz, stepped up to maybe 5000 vac, connected as seen on tesla patent drawings, added an additional stepdown transformer with a rectifier, resulting in maybe 10 vdc max, at a few milliamps. No surprise the efficiency was bad, after such a lot of transformers. Anyway, the point is, it delivered slightly more current when I disconnected teslas receiver and ground connection. Maybe I did it wrong.

BTW. somebody said, there ain't no back emf losses with spark gaps. I guess that ain't true because: the back emf has usually a higher voltage than the forward current, so it will most likely jump back, when thrown from a collapsing field. Second: forward sparks are blue, back emf spark is yellow, actually red, but appears to be yellow like kelvin2700 bulbs... when both takes place, then the spark color will be purple! so you can easily see what's going on.

pix

Consider an arc as " electron multiplying device", electron avalanche, energy multiplicator.
It is like chain reaction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townsend_discharge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_runaway_electron_avalanche

Look also for papers by  Loeb and Meck.
Take for example small capacitor charged to high potential and then allowed to discharge throug air gap.
[size=78%]Small number of electrons, accelerated by electric field through air gap liberate so many electrons, that at the end of discharge current reaches region of kAmps.[/size]
Those electrons wasn't originally sitting inside that condenser. They has been "dragged" from the outside enviroment.
Pass them through inductive element .
Spark discharges are very interesting....

Regards,
Pix

Google

@ feynman

Tesla had made a device that worked on spark gap to generate excess energy by ionising the air. He never patented it. Here is one setup of the same described by PJ Kelly :

Chapter 11, first device.

http://frienergi.alternativkanalen.com/Chapt11.html

I have not come across any experiment so far, on the internet, which demonstrates such a concept, but who knows.

If you have the right equipment, its worth a try.

Best

dieter

Pix. sounds good, but also more like a theory. Anx simple test setup plans? I got caps, sparks...

Tho, I have noticed my digi voltmeter in amp mode completely freaked out sporadicly when I was messing around with the probe pins, showing >2amps (or whatever above the 2 amp range), probably caused by accidently shortening the circuit before the transformer, but I couldn't reproduce it in a controlled way.