Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Holographic Universe and Pi = 4 in Kinematics!

Started by gravityblock, May 06, 2014, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: TinselKoala on May 18, 2014, 10:33:09 AM
It's known as "taxicab geometry" because taxis are confined to streets, usually, and can only travel rectilinearly. Also, it's a guess but probably true that many taxicab drivers have not been exposed to two years of calculus study and problem solving in institutes of higher education.
This does NOT mean that "pi=4", since pi is not defined that way in the first place, and I think you are just being silly.

I must say, your post is not a scientific argument and is totally meaningless. 

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Quote from: MarkE on May 18, 2014, 11:03:00 AM
Only if the work is done wrong does it come out to four.  Only at the eight points on the circumference that lie on arcs that are multiples of pi/4 radians are the the insets from the inscribed box equidistant in X and in Y.  In all other locations the distances are unequal, invalidating the premise that the perimeter length of each successive approximation remains the same as that of the original inscribed square.

If there's an increase in X, then there will be a proportional decrease in Y which maintains the same distances and perimeter.  Also, you're trying to derive 3.14 as Pi in this example by using radians where a full circle equals 2 * 3.14 or Tau.  This is no different than me saying 2 * 4  = 8 to represent the eight points on the circumference that lie on arcs that are multiples of 4/4 or 1.

There's a reason why the taxicab geometry correctly represents the true value of Pi being four in a real circle with a time variable.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

TinselKoala

Quote from: gravityblock on May 18, 2014, 11:32:12 AM
I must say, your post is not a scientific argument and is totally meaningless. 

Gravock

Oh, really?

Let's consider my post carefully.
QuoteIt's known as "taxicab geometry" because taxis are confined to streets, usually, and can only travel rectilinearly.
True, or not true? Do you dispute this statement of mine? Please provide evidence for your disputation, since you are concerned with "scientific arguments" and "meanings".
QuoteAlso, it's a guess but probably true that many taxicab drivers have not been exposed to two years of calculus study and problem solving in institutes of higher education.
True, or not true? Do you dispute this statement of mine? Please provide evidence for your disputation, since you are concerned with "scientific arguments" and "meanings".
This does NOT mean that "pi=4", since pi is not defined that way in the first place
True, or not true?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi
http://www.math.com/tables/constants/pi.htm
http://www.icoachmath.com/math_dictionary/pi.html
Do you dispute this statement of mine? Please provide evidence for your disputation, since you are concerned with "scientific arguments" and "meanings".
... and I think you are just being silly.
Definitely true. Do you deny that you are being silly? Then please provide some credible references that support your viewpoint and your claim that pi=4. Also, you could use your value for pi in some dimensional calculations, like area or volumes of cylinders or spheres, and see if you come up with the correct answers. Please show your workings, since you are interested in providing scientific arguments.

gravityblock

It's known as "taxicab geometry" because taxis are confined to streets, usually, and can only travel rectilinearly.

How taxis are confined to streets is not a scientific argument against Pi = 4 in circles with a time variable.

Also, it's a guess but probably true that many taxicab drivers have not been exposed to two years of calculus study and problem solving in institutes of higher education.

The level of education of many taxicab drivers is totally off-topic and is not a scientific argument against the "taxicab geometry".

This does NOT mean that "pi=4", since pi is not defined that way in the first place, and I think you are just being silly.

It has already been established that Pi = 3.14... for abstract geometry circles with no time variable.  However, what you fail to realize, is Pi = 4 for real circles with time variables.  Also, you asserting I am being silly isn't a scientific argument either, and is nothing more than a psychological projection.

Gravock

TinselKoala

Quote from: gravityblock on May 18, 2014, 01:56:22 PM
How taxis are confined to streets is not a scientific argument against Pi = 4 in circles with a time variable.

The level of education of many taxicab drivers is totally off-topic and is not a scientific argument against the "taxicab geometry".

It has already been established that Pi = 3.14... for abstract geometry circles with no time variable.  However, what you fail to realize, is Pi = 4 for real circles with time variables.  Also, you asserting I am being silly isn't a scientific argument either, and is nothing more than a psychological projection.

Gravock
Let's try it with a "time variable" then. Draw a big circle and a square around it. You walk around the square and I'll walk around the circle, at the same speed. Who will walk completely around, first?

(And I note that you did not provide a single credible reference or support for your position. Nor did you provide an example of problem-solving using your value.)