Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

KARPEN PILE

Started by Philip Hardcastle, May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: pomodoro on July 17, 2014, 06:14:57 AM
The secret electrode was graphite
I would have incorrectly guessed some metal that is quick to develop an oxide layer like Cu or Al shutting down the reaction.

profitis

Uhhmm,nah try it markE.its just reversible spillover.it'l last past that expiry date.

profitis

Yes only you wouldve guessed Al mark E.we was taught in high school that Al dissolves in NaOH sol.the power wouldve been monstrous and steady if it were Al.

profitis

You shoulve kept the graphite experiment going pomodoro,that current was ready to switch polarity lol.but it wouldve been weak anyway.

pomodoro

Yesterday, the graphite was giving many 10's or peak mA and a constant current of 2mA when shorted through the meter. Quite impressive. However, I recall that I was bubbling the hydrogen constantly, not diverting it to the top of the flask after having saturated the solution.

Today, I cathodized it in a separate KOH beaker, with a Pt counter electrode and a power supply, just to clean it with fresh H2 bubbles.

When I dipped it in the cell and waited a while, a whopping 1.2V developed. WOW I thought , but as you saw each time it was used it never recovered.  I'm not sure but I guess it cant sponge up the hydrogen from the solution very well.

I also tried palladized silver. Again excellent fresh from the beaker, but quickly died down as well.
Same thing for shiny platinum, got zero volts real fast.

I still need to try lead,nickel,copper and a few others.

So Mr Profitus, I must admit that you did come up with a system that seems to work well at this stage of the research! well done!!!

Back to the basics,  everyone, lets start from step 1.

1.  Why alkaline and not acid as used by Kapern?  I realize  it lowers  the E of the H/H2O couple - well it did as Nernst would have predicted at the Pt, from 0 to -800mV.  I dont know about the shift at the Silver.

2. The Pd/Pt voltage is very rock steady when discharging, no wonder a similar electrode is used as the zero volt standard. The 1cm square has in reality a much larger surface area.

3. The silver is another story.  What formula exactly can be used to predict the voltage that I would expect there?  Is it the same as the platinum plus the hydrogen overpotential on silver?  I need to read the paper on the studies of this overpotential, but I did not think it was as huge as 0.9V.  Even the CV scans I did did not show such a massive difference in the cathodic scans.

4. Why does the silver electrode look more like a capacitor , being charged up by the Pt/Pd when they are connected, which then slowly discharges upon disconnection?