Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Using Gravity and Buoyancy to drive a generator

Started by frare bear, May 27, 2014, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frare bear

With these two opposing forces... should we not be able to generate non-stop motion and energy?

I have some plans drawn up, and will start on a prototype soon. Essentially it is a water column with one-way gates, where slightly-less-dense-than-water weights can travel upwards. The gates allow for control of the water pressure due to the column of water. Once the weight reaches the top of the water column, it descends on a belt-driven system that can turn a generator as well as operate any moving parts required on the machine itself.

...is there any reason this can't/won't work? It's as simple as utilizing natural motion that occurs in opposite directions.

LibreEnergia

Quote from: frare bear on May 27, 2014, 02:38:26 PM
With these two opposing forces... should we not be able to generate non-stop motion and energy?

I have some plans drawn up, and will start on a prototype soon. Essentially it is a water column with one-way gates, where slightly-less-dense-than-water weights can travel upwards. The gates allow for control of the water pressure due to the column of water. Once the weight reaches the top of the water column, it descends on a belt-driven system that can turn a generator as well as operate any moving parts required on the machine itself.

...is there any reason this can't/won't work? It's as simple as utilizing natural motion that occurs in opposite directions.

This cannot work. Buoyancy is caused by gravity. Without a gravitational field there is no 'buoyancy'. As such it is not a "opposing" force. Since gravity is the only force in play any machine utilizing it as the prime mover is subject to the limitation that gravity is a conservative field.

The energy gained moving a mass downwards is exactly equal to or less than the energy required to move this mass back up to the same position.

The situation with a buoyant object merely reverses this. It takes energy to submerge the object downwards. The energy gained as it rises is the same as it took to submerge. The net energy available to power a load in such a system is zero.

frare bear

EDIT: sorry, looking back at the OP I realize I gave a poor explanation. I will draw up and post a schematic later tonight

I don't believe you understood my explanation...

The buoyancy and gravity forces are utilized independently. It's essentially a density driven up/down motion, but instead of changing the density of the weight going up and down in water, the medium the weight moves in changes.

The weight rises in the water column, then said weight is transferred to a nearby column in which the weight drops through the air, to again be inserted to the bottom of the water column.

You seem to have thought I believed that the weight would somehow float and sink in the same medium... Otherwise the extremely simple physics and conservation principles wouldn't have been brought up.

LibreEnergia

Quote from: frare bear on May 27, 2014, 07:10:47 PM
EDIT: sorry, looking back at the OP I realize I gave a poor explanation. I will draw up and post a schematic later tonight

I don't believe you understood my explanation...

The buoyancy and gravity forces are utilized independently. It's essentially a density driven up/down motion, but instead of changing the density of the weight going up and down in water, the medium the weight moves in changes.

The weight rises in the water column, then said weight is transferred to a nearby column in which the weight drops through the air, to again be inserted to the bottom of the water column.

You seem to have thought I believed that the weight would somehow float and sink in the same medium... Otherwise the extremely simple physics and conservation principles wouldn't have been brought up.

It simply does not matter what geometry or mechanism you have come up with. It will not work.

In this case the act of making the buoyant object enter and leave the fluid requires energy. This energy is exactly the same amount or more than the energy than can be derived from the ascent of the object.

frare bear

Haha okay dude. I came here for feedback on design, to "bake" it the other halfway. I'll go back to where I came from