Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Reboot: Is the "delayed Lenz effect" real or just a misunderstanding?

Started by MileHigh, December 22, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

synchro1

Quote from: MileHigh on December 22, 2014, 03:45:39 PM
Here is a great technical posting bt MarkE that is also worth repeating:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyone who believes in the idea of free energy from a "Lenz delay" should study the graphic below.

Lenz' Law sets the orientation of induced voltage resulting from Faraday induction.
If a load is resistive, induced current is in phase with induced voltage and the resulting magnetic field at all times acts directly against the inducing current.  This is a unity power factor.
If a load is purely reactive, then energy is stored in the load and later returned to the source, and no net energy conveys to the load.  This is a zero power factor.
If a load is resonant, then the inductive reactance and capacitive reactance magnitudes are equal.  The load appears resistive.  In the case of a series L-C, the resistance appears low.  In the case of a parallel L-C, the resistance appears very large.
If a load is partially resistive and partially reactive, then more energy transfers to the load each cycle than is returned.  This is a power factor greater than zero but less than one.

Can making a load reactive unload a driver?  Of course it can:  Less work is done on the load.  In the extreme case the load effectively disappears, along with any useful work that could have been done by transferring net energy to the load. 

Can making a load reactive actually drive the source?  Not net across one or more complete cycles.  A reactive load can only return less energy in any given cycle than supplied by the source.

Can resonance help?  No, at resonance, the load appears resistive as either an effective short circuit across the source, or an open circuit.

Your "Lenz Delay Fallacy" diagram is just an abstract schematic that has nothing to do with magnetizem or "Phase Lag in Core Material". DLE has nothing at all to do with electricty floiwng through a conductor and is strictly an effect of Magnetizem.

synchro1

Quote from: TinselKoala on December 23, 2014, 11:43:48 AM
One thing that I think is happening is that most of the devices and circuits that are supposed to show the effects that are attributed to DLE are actually so inefficient that the usual tests might be just "running on inefficiency" if you know what I mean.

My "garden hose" example tries to illustrate what I mean. Say you are in the back yard with your garden hose, on full blast, and you have a sensitive flowmeter attached to the nozzle. You're spraying your garden, the sidewalk, over the fence etc. like mad, at full power, and you take a reading on the flowmeter. Now someone comes along with a bucket and collects some of the overspray. Does the flowmeter reading change? Of course it doesn't. Now the person pours the water in the bucket onto the garden where it belongs... so you are getting more water to the garden than before. Does the flowmeter reading change?
Get it? Running on inefficiency.

There is a belief, it seems, that simply shorting an output coil provides the "heaviest" load on a generator system. This may not be true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_power_transfer_theorem

Gotoluc's latest tests involved a resistive load, not coil shorting. The greater the load the closer it is to a dead short. A dead short can also be compared to an infinite capacitor.

MarkE

Quote from: synchro1 on December 23, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
This is just an abstract schematic that has nothing to do with magnetizem or "Phase Lag in Core Material". DLE has nothing at all to do with electricty floiwng through an conductor and is strictly an effect of Magnetizem.
Synchro1 you keep repeating this claim.  The claim is false.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/farlaw.html
QuoteLenz's Law

When an emf is generated by a change in magnetic flux according to Faraday's Law, the polarity of the induced emf is such that it produces a current whose magnetic field opposes the change which produces it. The induced magnetic field inside any loop of wire always acts to keep the magnetic flux in the loop constant. In the examples below, if the B field is increasing, the induced field acts in opposition to it. If it is decreasing, the induced field acts in the direction of the applied field to try to keep it constant.

Induction is an electromagnetic phenomenon.
As seen above induction is necessary in order to have a situation where Lenz' Law is applicable.
Ergo Lenz' Law describes an aspect of an electromagnetic phenomenon.
Ergo any reference to Lenz must reference electromagnetics.

This is very fundamental.  There is no give.

TinselKoala

Quote from: synchro1 on December 23, 2014, 12:03:38 PM
Gotoluc's latest tests involved a resistive load, not coil shorting. The greater the load the closer it is to a dead short. A dead short can also be compared to an infinite capacitor.
You have just shown that you do not get the point of my comment at all. Please read the power transfer theorem page that I linked.

synchro1

Quote from: MileHigh on December 22, 2014, 03:29:18 PM
Here are my comments:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Luc:

You saw an increased power draw when the generator coil is loaded.  Before you were insisting that there was no increased power draw.  You should try to account for your past errors and try to square them away with your readers.

I hate to say it again but you are leading yourself down a garden path.  Also, you are making real measurements here, you should not be ignoring the resistance of the coil.  The coil capacitance measurement is also meaningless and has no affect and should not be considered.

Here are some issues that have to be factored in:  1) You have no idea what the efficiency of the Dremel is.  2) You have no idea if the efficiency of the Dremel will change under different supply voltages, loads and RPM.  3)  You are drawing a conclusion without having enough data to support the conclusion.  4)  You are not correctly relating the waste heat with the "payload" power that goes into the generator.

Here is your real data:

UNDER LOAD:

Input:  30 watts electrical

Generator output:  2.46 watts
Motor output:  27.54 watts heat
Total output:  30 watts

Note:  The motor heat output power is derived by subtracting the generator output power from the input electrical power.  That is how the power is split in your setup.

NO LOAD:

Input:  28.64 watts electrical

Motor output:  28.64 watts heat

The above is the real analysis of your data.  That's all that you can conclude from your experiment with the caveat that the heat dissipation in the coil windings was not accounted for.

The above calculation is an invalid calculation.  If you review what I wrote above this should become clear to you.

MileHigh

You can't use the 1.36 watts to factor a heat loss. This value needs to be converted to "negative microhenries" and results in cooling.