Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Mutual respect, prejudice, safety, and personal responsibility

Started by MileHigh, February 13, 2015, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Really?  I don't see any name-calling.  I voiced a strong opinion for sure because I don't believe that black is white and heads are tails.  It was like someone trying to program your thoughts which is the ultimate irony considering who I was disagreeing with.

I made fun of another person's handle?  Not that I am aware of in this thread.  My handle is not about xes in a plane, that aspect only occurred to me afterwards.  You need to take a chill pill because almost any handle can be reinterpreted with a bit of imagination.  Yours could easily have a quite negative interpretation.

You are way off base as far as I am concerned.  Also, if you have something to say to me just say it.

Jimboot

Ok if I have to spell it out it's a bit pointless but here goes. Where I come from calling someone pretentious and disingenuous is NOT respectful. Be what you want to see in the world mate.
All the best

MileHigh

Quote from: Jimboot on February 16, 2015, 05:45:01 PM
Ok if I have to spell it out it's a bit pointless but here goes. Where I come from calling someone pretentious and disingenuous is NOT respectful. Be what you want to see in the world mate.
All the best

Well you are wrong.  I was simply disagreeing with him and my choice of words in the context of the subject matter and the facts was reasonable.

Posting a "Don't feed the trolls" sign wasn't exactly respectful on your part, was it?  I will repeat that I was just pushing you guys to do better.  It looks to me like the thread is dead and it went nowhere.

What about you?  Do you agree with SeaMonkey or do you agree with me?  If I was to insult and demean someone does that really mean I like them?  What do you say?

SeaMonkey

Quote from: MilesHigher
What about you?  Do you agree with SeaMonkey or do you agree with me?

If you don't mind, I'll take a stab at your questions
Miles.  I'll pass here. :-\

If I was to insult and demean someone does that really mean I like them?

It certainly could mean that you do.  I'll go a
bit further - it would be very nice if you did. ???

What do you say?

That it depends.  You might or, in the moment you
might not.  But you should. :o ;)

After all, aren't we really among friends in this Forum? :) ;D

sarkeizen

Quote from: MileHigh on February 13, 2015, 10:22:37 PM
Keep these things in mind when you call somebody a "shill" or a "paid government agent."
What I tend to feel about the "shill" comments is bored.  I think I've said this before if someone really and truly believed that say someone like myself got a literal check, cash, ETF, paypal (whatever the shadow government is using these days - Bitcoin?) when I criticize people.  I would find that terribly interesting.  I would absolutely love to talk to someone like that.  I've had a couple of chances to talk to people who have limited delusions and I found it fascinating. 

However what seems far, far, far more plausible is that this is just an attempt to insult people.  "shill" is being in about the same respect that the word "asshole" would be used.

I have no idea what set of social mores are expected on this part of the internet but if we're talking about self-moderation (or a more authoritative kind) then one I think needs to ask what kind of outcome one wants.  If someone wants to have interesting discussions.  Then I suggest that at least two people need to be communicating around some point.  In which case the people who post a lot without advancing the point are probably the people who should curb their posting (or have it curbed).

However if the point is to have traffic on a site from people who would click on ads about "Bedini Advanced Handbook" then clearly one would want the greatest number of wingnuts posssible.