Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Mutual respect, prejudice, safety, and personal responsibility

Started by MileHigh, February 13, 2015, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

I think that all of us want to be respected, and in return we want to respect others.
I don't think any of us want to be prejudged.
I think we all want to have safety and security in our daily lives.

Keep these things in mind when you call somebody a "shill" or a "paid government agent."  You have no idea who is listening.  On YouTube you can find all sorts of extreme people and there are people that utter death threats.

The only reason I brought this up is because I saw a news link on the MSN site:

Halifax shooting plot foiled by police

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/halifax-shooting-plot-foiled-by-police/ar-AA9nvLn?ocid=iehp

<<< He said a man and woman planned to go to a public venue in the Halifax region on Feb. 14 "with a goal of opening fire to kill citizens, and then themselves.">>>

<<< "I wouldn't characterize it as a terrorist event. I would classify it as a group of individuals that had some beliefs and were willing to carry out violent acts against citizens.">>>

We all have a personal responsibility to try to be decent, kind, respectful people.  If you shoot your mouth off and call every person that disagrees with you a "government shill" you are being prejudicial and irresponsible.  Who is to say that somebody with "some beliefs" isn't going to show up at some free energy conference with the intent to do harm?  I know this is all a long shot, but it still deserves mentioning.

There won't be a "Halifax massacre" in the news tomorrow.  Within reason, we should all at least try to be reasonable and personally responsible in the way we treat each other, even towards the people that we don't like or disagree with.

Pirate88179

MH:

I agree.  The "paid shill" or "Gov. paid detractor" seems to be the fall back position of someone who claims O.U with little to no evidence and then is outed by the guys that really know their stuff.  It is so worn out now that it does not bother me.  But, you raise a good point here...who knows who might be looking in and, if they really believed that so and so was a paid shill blocking free energy that could save the world...well, they might feel motivated to do something stupid based upon a false premise.

My warning to TK about the QEG folks was not all in jest.  You just never know what someone might, or might not do, especially if you are impeding them from raising hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Why can't we all just discuss and maybe even argue different theories without name calling and resorting to other non-productive postings?  I have never understood this.  I have been guilty of falling into these lowly discourses from time to time but, there is no point to it.  1+1=2.  If someone does not believe that...show me why.  If they can't, and call me a paid shill for asking why not, then, no one learns anything.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

SeaMonkey

Quote from: Pirate88179
Why can't we all just discuss and maybe even argue different theories without name calling and resorting to other non-productive postings?  I have never understood this.  I have been guilty of falling into these lowly discourses from time to time but, there is no point to it.  1+1=2.  If someone does not believe that...show me why.  If they can't, and call me a paid shill for asking why not, then, no one learns anything.

Those who spend some amount of time evaluating
television programming and the types of behaviors
which are being 'role modeled' as the new 'normal'
will know the answer to that question.  Intimidating
control techniques spread as if contagious.

It is 'cool' to be 'bad' as never before.  Cleverly worded
crude insults have become the mark of the socially
successful 'dude' or 'dudette.'

Much of this seemingly 'crude' behavior is actually done
in fun as a mark of real affection for the seemingly 'put
down' target.  Any who've spent time in the military
services will understand this concept well.

Maybe some of us are just too 'sensitive' and/or too easily
'offended.'  As such we may lose sight of the wisdom of the
sages:  "Show others by your actions how you'd like to be
treated."
  Anger and resentment may cause a speedy stumble
into the pit of low places.

Aye Webby 1, as you've said in the posting prior, it is indeed
emotions.

Pirate88179

Quote from: SeaMonkey on February 15, 2015, 08:10:59 PM
Those who spend some amount of time evaluating
television programming and the types of behaviors
which are being 'role modeled' as the new 'normal'
will know the answer to that question.  Intimidating
control techniques spread as if contagious.

It is 'cool' to be 'bad' as never before.  Cleverly worded
crude insults have become the mark of the socially
successful 'dude' or 'dudette.'

Much of this seemingly 'crude' behavior is actually done

Maybe some of us are just too 'sensitive' and/or too easily
'offended.'  As such we may lose sight of the wisdom of the
sages:  "Show others by your actions how you'd like to be
treated."
  Anger and resentment may cause a speedy stumble
into the pit of low places.

I agree with this...that is...if I understand what you are saying.  Arguing means no one learns anything.  Debating allows someone, or many, to learn.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

MileHigh

QuoteMuch of this seemingly 'crude' behavior is actually done

But this is not the military or football or basketball.  What you are trying to sell is clearly not true around here.  Sometimes you are your own worst enemy because you do exactly what you purport to despise in "others out there."  You are being pretentious and disingenuous.

Wake up and get real.  Bad, corrosive, disrespectful behaviour around here is clearly and unambiguously not being done as a mark of affection.