Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The bearing motor

Started by tinman, May 28, 2015, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: tinman on June 10, 2015, 07:06:20 PM
You have confused yourself with the position of the wires touching the disc in the video. The fact is,the two wires could be vertical to each other,and the two disc would still rotate in the same directions. So now all you have to do is move one wire 180* around the disc ,so as the two wires are now in a vertical plane. This will help with your confusion about the current flowing in the same direction. Now current is flowing in from left to right on the top disc,and flowing out from right to left on the bottom disc. The position of the two wires on the disc makes no difference to the direction of the discs rotation,unless the polarities are switched.

When I get home from work I'm going to do a video for you in order to clear this up.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

tinman

Quote from: gravityblock on June 11, 2015, 07:46:20 AM

When I get home from work I'm going to do a video for you in order to clear this up.

Gravock
Sounds good ;)

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on June 11, 2015, 06:32:47 AM
@ Mags

Here is a video that shows a similar setup. Im not sure what language it is,but this little setup puts out 30+ amps-->for a brief time. You will also see the back torque is quite high.

But rather that have the brushes on the outer rim of the disc's,my setup would have those two disc's joined in series across the outer rim of the disc's,and the shaft would be two half shaft's,and our pickup brushes would be placed on the shaft's. As i stated above,we wont get that sort of current,as i will be using much weaker magnets,and he seems to have some beefy neo's on that setup. But even if we get 500mA,that will be enough to do some testing and experimenting. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vV5T4x-FI
Yes, he gets high current through the very low resistance of the ammeter. That's very common from homopolar generators. In industry they are sometimes used for billet heating, can heat up a chunk of metal very fast since their current output _into low resistance_ is very high. They have also been used as current sources for railguns.
I think it's important to realize that the _voltage_ output from a HP generator is very low, though. On the order of a couple of volts or less.  So this means that even small resistances in the load path will effectively "kill" the output of a homopolar generator.  The automotive ammeter used in the video probably has a resistance of no more than 0.1 ohm. So a current reading of 30 amps would mean that the voltage output of the HP generator is V=IR or 30 x 0.1 = 3 volts or less. And as the video demonstrated, there is a strong back torque when that much current is drawn off the system. If you had a load resistance of even one ohm your current would drop drastically.

gravityblock

@Tinman,

I drew up a few crude illustrations showing the current flow and the direction of the forces.  In the illustrations below, the green is showing the direction of the current and the blue is showing the direction of the force and the direction of the rotation for that force.  In the first image, the current direction is in the same direction across the entire diameter of the disk.  There's a force pointing upwards on the left side of the disk for a CW rotation, and on the right side there's a force pointing in the same direction upwards for a CCW rotation.  On a single disc, the forces will cancel for no net rotation.  A dual disc on separate axles will counter rotate as we see in the spiral video.

In the second image, the current direction is in the opposite direction.  There's a force pointing upwards on the left side of the disk for a CW rotation, and on the right side there's a force pointing downwards for a CW rotation.  This results in a net CW rotation.  The third image is similar to the second image.  In the third image, rotating the positive terminal around the disk also results in a net CW rotation.  Rotate the positive terminal located at the 12 o'clock position 180o to the opposite side of the disc to the 6 o'clock position and you also rotate the force 180o.  The force is to the right at the 12 o'clock position and the force is to the left at the 6 o'clock position.  Rotate the positive terminal at the 6 o'clock position 90o to the 9 o'clock position and you also rotate the force 90o.  The force is pointing to the left at the 6 o'clock position and pointing upwards at the 9 o'clock position.  However, the force at the 6 o'clock position and the force at the 9 o'clock position both induces a CW rotation.  I hope this helps in clearing things up

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

tinman

Quote from: gravityblock on June 11, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
@Tinman,

I drew up a few crude illustrations showing the current flow and the direction of the forces.  In the illustrations below, the green is showing the direction of the current and the blue is showing the direction of the force and the direction of the rotation for that force.  In the first image, the current direction is in the same direction across the entire diameter of the disk.  There's a force pointing upwards on the left side of the disk for a CW rotation, and on the right side there's a force pointing in the same direction upwards for a CCW rotation.  On a single disc, the forces will cancel for no net rotation.  A dual disc on separate axles will counter rotate as we see in the spiral video.

In the second image, the current direction is in the opposite direction.  There's a force pointing upwards on the left side of the disk for a CW rotation, and on the right side there's a force pointing downwards for a CW rotation.  This results in a net CW rotation.  The third image is similar to the second image.  In the third image, rotating the positive terminal around the disk also results in a net CW rotation.  Rotate the positive terminal located at the 12 o'clock position 180o to the opposite side of the disc to the 6 o'clock position and you also rotate the force 180o.  The force is to the right at the 12 o'clock position and the force is to the left at the 6 o'clock position.  Rotate the positive terminal at the 6 o'clock position 90o to the 9 o'clock position and you also rotate the force 90o.  The force is pointing to the left at the 6 o'clock position and pointing upwards at the 9 o'clock position.  However, the force at the 6 o'clock position and the force at the 9 o'clock position both induces a CW rotation.  I hope this helps in clearing things up

Gravock
Gravoc
You have definitely confused your self,and just about proved your self wrong. In order for the 2 disc to rotate in opposite directions in the same magnetic field,the polarity/current flow across the disc's must be opposite-->which it is. You must also understand that the disc's are on top of the ring magnet,and not between two ring magnet's,(i have added a picture of the fields of a ring magnet). So as you can see,the current flow is not at right angles with the uniform magnetic field as in a normal situation(the direction of field flow above a ring magnet is very messy),the current flow is parallel to the overall magnetic field,when you average out the magnetic field flow. You also have to separate each disc,and see them as the conductors. Also below is a pic of each disc,and the polarity and current flow direction due to that polarity. As you can see in disc A, the voltage polarity is positive on the outer edge of the disc,and negative at the center/conductive shaft.As we are dealing in DC current,then using conventional current flow,the current flow is from positive to negative. In disc B,we see that the positive potential is at the center/conductive shaft,and the outer edge of the disc is our negative polarity,and thus the current flow is from positive to negative-(current flow depicted by red arrows in each disc). So it is very easy to see that the current flow through each disc is in opposite directions. You will also see the blue line around the outer edge of each disk that represents the force/rotation direction. From this you can also see that no matter where the wires are placed around the two disc's,the force/rotation direction will remain in the same direction.

I hope that clears things up-->and what happened to the video?.