Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity powered water generator

Started by Brutus, September 08, 2015, 06:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutus

Hey;   I have tried to put together a system which, I think, will run itself,  is cheap and easy to assemble. I would like some usful feed back.  It is based on  three combined systems.  The first is an elongated conveyor bucket assembly which is fed water at the top from a rope pump assembly and is all connected to a step up array of gears which will increase the rotation allowing enough rpm's and torque to power the rope pump and the generator at the end.    I know there are people who have similar ideas but this one is a bit different and combines ideas from many others.  I am only looking to help get to a free energy supply for all.  If any wants to use this idea feel free.    I don't know enough of mathmatics to figure the needed weight of the water in the buckets to generate the force needed to run the gears and the generator.  I thought at say five gallons per bucket and having say ten buckets filled with water would give me around 400 lbs of downward force.    Seems like that would drive all the gears and generator.  But help in that area would be appreciated.  I have enclosed a file showing the assembly for anyone wanting to see the full assembly.   I just drew up a fair rendition as I have little knowledge in drawing.  It is shown without the framing needed to better see the process.    I think bigger buckets and or more buckets to get to the needed driving force should not be a problem.  All the assembly needs is enough driving force to turn the rope pump and say a 5 to 8kw generator and you have enough power to run your home.    Also scan 7 is a first draft and a more detailed view of the rope pump assembly.

Brutus

I would like to say I am grateful to all the people who have helped me by puting their ideas out there for others to see and use.  Like the rope pump comes from an idea By Paul Crites over on u-tube.  Who made this great rope pump to water his back yard aquaponic garden.  The step up gear assembly has been used several ways and times in history and, the conveyor has a long history, also.   All these ideas have many inventors  showing many different approaches.  It is up to all of us to use  these and new ideas to enhance our situation for the betterment of all.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kbj9Bd-JDY&feature=youtu.be  This is Pauls U-tube video showing how well the rope pump works and how little energy is needed to run it.  So it fits well with my generator assembly.

sm0ky2

these are the elements of concern: 

the amount of water that falls into the buckets, at a certain height, over an amount of time.
   say it takes 4 seconds to fill a bucket.

Then, every 4 seconds you will have (X) amount of energy available from your bucket generator system.
      and (X) = height (in meters) of bucket when filled x weight (in kilograms) of a filled bucket x 9.8 m/s/s
Your answer will be in Joules, which you can then convert Joules to watts, and multiply by 900 to get the value in KW/hrs of electricity.
This is the most energy you can possibly attain using the most efficient generator man hasn't invented yet.

The other element is the amount of water being pumped by the rope-pump, to a certain height, over an amount of time.
these numbers should look a lot like the first element.
and using the most efficient water pumps mankind hasn't invented yet, it will require exactly the same amount of energy
as you will attain from the generator, using said amount of water.

the other mechanisms, gearing, and whatnot, will just further reduce efficiency and reduce the energy output of the system.
there is not any value excess to generate electricity for your house.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

Brutus

Yes . I agree if I only had one bucket to work with.  But, I have multiple buckets which can be filled prior to filling the last one going around which gives me a larger force that can be maintained by the pump.  You have a point in that loss is a factor.  So, I could from time to time add extra water manually to supplement the pump.  But at say ten or more filled buckets  of force used to fill only one bucket there, you would think , must be some extra power to use on the generator.  Even with transfer losses.  Thank you for the reply.  At least now I have some math with which to use.  Will work on it. 

sm0ky2

Quote from: Brutus on September 29, 2015, 10:05:07 AM
Yes . I agree if I only had one bucket to work with.  But, I have multiple buckets which can be filled prior to filling the last one going around which gives me a larger force that can be maintained by the pump.  You have a point in that loss is a factor.  So, I could from time to time add extra water manually to supplement the pump.  But at say ten or more filled buckets  of force used to fill only one bucket there, you would think , must be some extra power to use on the generator.  Even with transfer losses.  Thank you for the reply.  At least now I have some math with which to use.  Will work on it.

you can simply multiply the math by the number of buckets. Adding water manually, the "energy" you expend is equal to the mass of the water times the height of the bucket times gravity. this is your initial input energy for each bucket.

assuming the pump can keep up with the water flow in the time it takes all of your manually filled buckets to reach the bottom, then the system could sustain itself for some number of cycles until the manually inserted energy is dissipated.

any amount of energy you extract for other purposes (generator, machinery), will have to be supplemented manually.
you could do away with the water all together, and turn a hand-crank on your generator.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.