Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to deal with those that add nothing to the forum

Started by citfta, December 31, 2015, 07:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citfta

On probably any forum on the internet there are those that add absolutely nothing to the discussion.  It appears their only reason for posting is to disrupt a thread or try to get a reaction from those that are actually trying to have a discussion.   Then as most people will they get a reaction and respond and get more reaction until several pages of the thread have been wasted with nothing of value being added to the thread.  I am sure most of you have someone on this forum you would put into this category.

I read an interesting article last night that I think applies to this situation.  I have actually tried this idea before with pretty good results.  It seems there was a young man that lived in a neighborhood that had a vicious dog.  The dog was in a fenced yard but every time any of the the neighbors walked by the dog would run out barking and growling and scaring the children especially.  The children would run away and the adults would walk to the other side of the sidewalk and move a little quicker to get away from the barking dog.

This young man in the article decided to study about dogs.  He found out they respond according to how someone responds to them.  In other words their actions are based upon others reactions.  So the young man tried an experiment.  He forced himself to walk past the dog every day for a month and not react to the dog's barking.  At first the dog kept up his bad behavior.  But after a week or so he seemed to lose his enthusiasm for barking and growling.  By the end of the month the young man could walk by the dog and the dog just looked at him without even getting up from his resting spot.  You see it was no fun barking and growling if all that effort was just for nothing.

So my suggestion is when certain people post things that are only to incite trouble or discord just ignore them.  DO NOT respond.  If they get no reaction they will go somewhere else looking to start trouble.

Respectfully,
Carroll

poynt99

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

minnie

About 90% of what's on here is rubbish, how can you disrupt drivel???
   Whatever anyone posts keeps a thread alive, people that leave complaining
   of disruption go "private". only to come crawling back when nobody is
   interested.
       I really enjoy the whole thing as my main interest is in what make the
   contributors "tick".
      I've started studying a bit of relativity and quantum as a result of TA's
   thread and am finding it not only interesting but somehow beautiful.
   After about 60 years of trying I can finally see the importance of the speed
   of light and there is a bit of logic to it.
       Message to everyone, please keep on posting and those who don't like
   what they see just turn on your auto censor device.
      Another thing, some amongst us don't seem to "like" the truth.
                  John.

sm0ky2

Embrace them

my experience here, has led me to believe that even the most negative, disruptful, and belligerent of our members,
sometimes can have something important to add to a design or idea.
it appears easy for many of us to get caught up in the discussion and forget we are all on the same team.

these aren't just random crazy people that converged here to try to break the laws of physics....
these are 80,000 beautiful minds from around the world, collectively working together, sharing ideas...
helping each other to try and make the world a better place.
That's what makes this place so amazing, and how we are able to achieve things that have a real world impact for millions of people.
Things like the Joule Thief, and the Eric Jacqueman Story, that are still shaping the way the world lives.

each of us has our own reason for being here, theres no grand theory for why everyone chases after OU or "free energy".
"what makes each of us tick" is responsible for the diversity of perspectives, broad spectrum of fields of knowledge.
Each on our own quest, our own journey through life.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

EMJunkie

Hi Carroll

Hahaha - Yes!

Humans could be categorised in several groups. Very few are "Do'ers". Most are Complainers and Time Wasters. Some are like Pigs, happy to sit in squaller all day. Some are happy to make no advances! Some just like to Shoot Others down, no matter how much hard data they are presented.

But, do you know what, we are all each others Keeper, we are all brothers. It should be the case we all look after eacher and treat each other with respect. Poking ones Brothers Eyes out to help him See, just seems a little one sided to me!

Chris Sykes
       hyiq.org