Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Stan Meyer's Initial Technology Replicated

Started by chessnyt, January 10, 2016, 06:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

How many moles of hydrogen are you currently producing per Faraday?

chessnyt

Quote from: pomodoro on February 02, 2016, 09:29:42 AM
How many moles of hydrogen are you currently producing per Faraday?
I do not have the answer to your question; however, the question you're asking is a good one. 

I am currently using a PSI feedback integrated into my tuning test equipment apparatus which allows me to analyze gas production on the fly.  This does not give me LPM data, but it works extremely well in the tuning process to measure subtle changes in gas production in real time while I'm tweaking various parameters. 

I am in the process of acquiring a hydrogen LPM flow meter, which will give me accurate measurements of the actual gas production.  This data will be released as soon as I am finished with the tuning process and I am in possession of the flow meter.  Thus far, I have not reached a ceiling.  This, to me, is the exciting part.

Expanding a little more on your previous posting concerning the water bath temperature; I cannot explain the heat (or shall I say, the lack thereof) anomalies.  I've been doing this for a very long time and I have never witnessed any of the anomalies I am seeing currently EVER.  Honestly, I am struggling to wrap my head around what is actually occurring. 

Regards,

Chess

memoryman

Chess, thank you for your excellent posts. Although I personally see little chance of this leading to 'the Holy Grail', I am still willing to provide my assistance (not money!) if wanted. I have done this several times (in the background) because I encourage experimentation: the voyage is more important than the destination.

pomodoro

Chess, cheers for the reply. I believe that there must be some dissolved salts already in there because pure water had a resistivity of 18M ohm.cm. Very little current could ever flow. Exposure of this water to atmospheric CO2 already lowers this value to quite some extent. It would make sense to measure its conductivity with a cheap meter.  As far as the moles of H2 are concerned, a linear flow meter calibrated for H2 will not give accurate results if oxygen is present as it seems to be in your electrolytic cell. A measure of the total volume of gas in an inverted measuring cylinder filled with water would give a reasonably good estimate.

chessnyt

Quote from: pomodoro on February 03, 2016, 02:52:08 AM
Chess, cheers for the reply. I believe that there must be some dissolved salts already in there because pure water had a resistivity of 18M ohm.cm. Very little current could ever flow. Exposure of this water to atmospheric CO2 already lowers this value to quite some extent. It would make sense to measure its conductivity with a cheap meter.  As far as the moles of H2 are concerned, a linear flow meter calibrated for H2 will not give accurate results if oxygen is present as it seems to be in your electrolytic cell. A measure of the total volume of gas in an inverted measuring cylinder filled with water would give a reasonably good estimate.
@pomodoro:
Thank you for the information regarding the flow meter.  I will cancel the acquisition of the hydrogen flow meter.  I didn't realize that the oxygen content in the gas would interfere with accurate measurements from the flow meter.  You just saved me a bundle of money ;D

Your alternative to taking gas flow measurements will be implemented instead.  I will have to resort to the primitive method of using a one liter bottle full of water inverted in a five gallon bucket with the HHO displacing the contents.  This will not be accurate, but like you said, it will at least give me a ball park figure to work with.

I have received some additional advice from another source to insulate the cell with foam or fiberglass.  I will also be heeding this advice in order to find out if the two degree rise in temperature is due to the process or simply acclimation to room temperature.  This same individual has also suggested weighing the water before and after test runs, storing the water in my lab, along with many other very clever suggestions to determine whether the process is endothermic or exothermic.  I will be including this additional information in my data logging.

Time seems to be my worst enemy at present as I work a full-time job that requires an average of 60 hours a week.  I have a lot of work to do but it will be done as opportunity allows me to.

As far as dissolved salts in the water; don't forget that this is city tap water, which contains a whole host of contaminants (fluoride, chlorine, minerals, etc.).  This also lends to the conductivity in the water.

Regards,

Chess