Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

IT. Self Powering Motor

Started by FreeEnergy, January 28, 2016, 08:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: ramset on January 31, 2016, 10:55:22 PM
here is Terry's Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHIA2HWJXw
So we have an electric motor driving a generator that is running another electric motor?
But because of the large flywheel (energy storage device), the unit is self running?-even though it is plugged into the grid?
Sounds Chas Campbell.

TinselKoala

Well... from that 12 minute "epic" video demonstration taken with a cellphone camera at very low resolution, without any measurements at all, and with some kind of radio playing music in the background underneath the amazingly noisy device... I am at least able to say this: I copied a few seconds of the audio from the beginning (after the ICE starter-engine was shut down) and a few more from the end of the video and ran them through a spectrum analyzer in Audacity, and it doesn't look to me like the flywheel is slowing down over that time frame. Of course I didn't analyze any of the audio from portions where the circular saw was running....

Oh well. At least in this case we know why he's not running his home and workshop on the contraption -- it's so noisy that the neighbours would complain!

(The video is over three years old..... it's a wonder that he hasn't been noticed by the MiBs and had his invention suppressed, his cellphone shut off, his computer wiped and his YT account closed.... isn't it?)

tinman

Quote from: TinselKoala on February 01, 2016, 03:38:58 AM
without any measurements at all, and with some kind of radio playing music in the background underneath the amazingly noisy device... I am at least able to say this: I copied a few seconds of the audio from the beginning (after the ICE starter-engine was shut down) and a few more from the end of the video and ran them through a spectrum analyzer in Audacity, and it doesn't look to me like the flywheel is slowing down over that time frame. Of course I didn't analyze any of the audio from portions where the circular saw was running....

Oh well. At least in this case we know why he's not running his home and workshop on the contraption -- it's so noisy that the neighbours would complain!

(The video is over three years old..... it's a wonder that he hasn't been noticed by the MiBs and had his invention suppressed, his cellphone shut off, his computer wiped and his YT account closed.... isn't it?)

QuoteWell... from that 12 minute "epic" video demonstration taken with a cellphone camera at very low resolution,The video is over three years old

The video resolution and age seems quite fine TK to prove something to be real. :D
There has been far worse than that to prove things before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGQIckYRxGI

ramset

Tinsel
You are witnessing a Con in this Vid ,Thieves trying to steal from Terry ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHIA2HWJXw

the very ugly side of humanity ![he was unaware at the time]

@Brad
The power input for a few seconds has been explained ,the Pony can't get it where it has to be to run
and the drive motor is being Baby'd and not abused by just smoking it up to speed on the mains from a standstill.

once running close to speed with the Pony it gets plugged in to bring it the rest of the way
then unplugged [after the wrestling match with other components]

then it does what it does forever with no input whatsoever ..[ while running a significant load ]
IT is a work in progress ....

I just wanted to clear that up

Oh and Tinsel,  he doesn't need any help testing....

Chet K

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

sm0ky2

Quote from: TinselKoala on February 01, 2016, 03:38:58 AM
I am at least able to say this:
I copied a few seconds of the audio from the beginning (after the ICE starter-engine was shut down) and a few more from the end of the video and ran them through a spectrum analyzer in Audacity, and it doesn't look to me like the flywheel is slowing down over that time frame.

and

Quote from: Ramset
then it does what it does forever with no input whatsoever ..[ while running a significant load ]

my mind is tossing between 2 thoughts on this one. i'll briefly touch on one topic, but I want to reserve my final judgment of this device until we have more useful data regarding the energy levels of the system.

that being said, my primal instinct tells me there are red flags all over the place here. I normally wouldn't give this sort of device the time of day. With all the 1000's of QuMoGens out there and none of them have been proven to do what their inventors claim they do.

Beyond my unexplainable innate hesitation to take this device seriously, I am noticing certain key qualities that might separate this
man's device from a lot of the others. Here is my perspective on some of those details::

1) This device - motors, flywheel, generator - they appear to be very well balanced, and spinning freely with very little mechanical vibratory disturbances. I mention this because your average run-of-the-mill QuMoGen is constructed from very shotty belts and pulleys
and the machines tend to bounce and wobble around quite a bit. you don't see that here. What you see is a very precise, and well crafted rotary device.

2) The effect he observes (or claims to observe) occurs at a specific, high-frequency. ( TK could probably tell us what that freq is)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This presents a series of possibilities, in which a flywheel does not behave like the simple "storage" unit we normally consider it to be.
(what?) yes
Under normal conditions, a flywheel requires an amount of force to turn it. First, the moment of inertia must be overcome on this 400-lb flywheel.
Once turning, to cause it to rotate faster, more force must be applied.
This energy, or work (force over time) is stored in the form of Momentum. Rotational velocity x mass.
When a generator is attached, this subtracts from the force, or causes a force opposite to rotation.
Unless the Motor is supplying enough power to both maintain the speed of the flywheel AND turn the generator
the wheel will slow down. This is calculable amount of input power, that can be determined by the components of the system.
Pretty simple, cut and dry. We can find all our system losses, and the Flywheel simply acts as a storage medium.
Similar to a battery or capacitor in the electrical world. Which transfers the energy from motor to generator.

Now, what happens to a flywheel when conditions are not "normal"?
In the 90's, LM experimented on a device that captured ionic winds from a solar source and used it for propulsion.
the top of this engine, was for all intensive purposes, a gigantic flywheel.
What they found was, at certain RPM, relative to the diameter and mass of the wheel, in relation to the diameter of the shaft:
a mechanical resonant vibration would occur.

In Aeronautics we understand rotational turbulences, and generally see them as a problem.

What NASA found was, that separately from the gyroscopic forces, which can be made to relieve gravitational related friction on the shaft, these frequency-dependent vibrations were affecting the drive motor current draw in an unexpected way.
it was not following the expected electrical input curve of the motor+flywheel combination.
This made it difficult to operate that component of the system with consistency. But why?

Closer analysis revealed something was occurring between the shaft and the bearing. the tensor forces were oscillating with the vibrations. The motor was not experiencing a consistent torque. Thus fluctuations in the current draw.

To resolve this issue, NASA went with an impulse force solution. Where-in an (avg) force derivative over a change in time is taken to calculate the impulse force. This did not follow the standard linear curve of the motor.
a breakdown of a single rotation was observed to apply torque to the motor during one part of the rotation, and very little or no torque during the remainder of the rotation. Effectively lowering the duty cycle of the current draw through the motor.

This is just one of several abnormal conditions a flywheel can experience. This one in particular may have some relevance to this current scenario.

Here is another (although maybe slightly off topic): A flywheel has a specific frequency, at which it will emit audible Sound.
  a 'ringing' effect. as if you had struck a tuning fork.

Anyways, If this condition I described above, has anything to do with whats going on in the current device
There WILL BE a changing current reading through the Drive Motor - this is easy to test.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.