Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why Doesn't A Magnet 'Feel' Like A Gyroscope?

Started by Eighthman, April 03, 2016, 10:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephir

QuoteWhy Doesn't A Magnet 'Feel' Like A Gyroscope?
The brief answer is: it actually feels and it's named Einstein–de Haas effect. Wikipedia says "the Einstein–de Haas effect demonstrates that spin angular momentum is indeed of the same nature as the angular momentum of rotating bodies as conceived in classical mechanics."

It's quite weak effect, though (1, 2).

Bertoa

@ Eightman
When talking about a gyroscope we see a spinning (rotating) disk. I was experimenting with a linear movement of magnets and discovered a weak gyro effect. This is done with 2 magnets in a linear contra movement with a certain speed. The masses of the magnets form in resonance a gyroscopic entity. See video at 1.40 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQpNqSUz8Ws

e2matrix

It seems the answers here are over complicating this and the only one answer that seemed to catch the real issue (as much as I hate to admit it) was MileHigh's answer.   It seems obvious the dense mass of a gyroscope (most often metal) will be much so greater than the mass of some electrons that you will feel the effect whereas some electrons will not probably have enough mass to produce much measurable effect much less something you can "feel".   As it is no one has even seen an electron with the most powerful microscopes and one can assume their mass is a such a tiny amount compared to visible physical objects that it seems obvious they won't give anyone the 'feel' of a physical gyroscope.  As for Steven Mark's TPU claim - without any replications how can anyone put any weight on that subjective 'claim'.   Mass of an electron is very roughly .00000000000000000000000000009 grams.   Mass of a million electrons roughly .00000000000000000000009 grams.   Mass of a small hand held gyroscope roughly 300 grams.   

Zephir

The mass of electrons within atom isn't that low - the electron is just one thousand-times lighter than the proton and the number of protons and electrons must be balanced. Therefore the inertial effects of electrons should be just one thousand-times lower than the rest of magnet mass. OK, let say than only the unpaired electrons at the surface of atom participate on the spin, so that their inertia would be 1/50.000 of inertia of the whole magnet, but no lower. It should be measurable and in many cases it actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S54yz7r-3w

e2matrix

This thread is about comparing the supposed 'free' electrons around a magnet and not ones in an atom - to that of a solid object - a gyroscope.   Their weight is very very small - 9 x 10 to the -28th grams.   Compare that weight or the weight of a million or even a billion electrons to the weight of a gyroscope and the difference is huge.   Yes the weight can be measured with very sensitive measuring methods but I'm saying this is why you don't 'feel' a gyroscopic effect when holding a magnet.   Take a very thin piece of plastic cut into a flat round disk.   Spin it fast.  Do you feel the gryoscopic effect of that?   Probably not so how do you think a bunch of electrons will allow you to feel a gyroscopic effect.   It takes a fair amount of weight to actually 'feel' the effect and that's all I'm saying is this is why you don't feel the effect from a magnet as the OP asked.

I also question whether there are even electrons involved or if there is even such a thing as an electron.   I'm mostly with Ken Wheeler on this (and Tesla).   A quote from Ken Wheelers (Theoria Apohasis) book on Magnetism:
"Tesla outright denied our current definition of the electron as a 'discharge particle'.
     All electrons are a motional terminus of a quantity of dielectric pressure gradients of force (as reified by the incorrect
understanding of the definition of a 'field'), these pressure gradients, or "lines" are contracting and stretching like rubber bands, giving
motion to the terminus 'electron'. The thermionic 'electron' contracts, pulling the 'electron', the cathode ray stretching, pulled by the
'electron'. In the former case the lines of force are dissipated, in the latter case the line of force are projected, in both cases these so-
called 'electrons' assume radial motions, with non participating pressure gradients, or forces filling the 'voids', directing the
'electrons'. Hence, it is the so-called 'electrons' (dielectric radial discharges) that travel in straight lines, that is, radially. 'Electrons'
have nothing to do with the flow of electricity; the so-called 'electrons' are the rate at which electricity is destroyed. 'Electrons' are in
fact the resistance. From extensive experimental work into atomic electrical science by J. J. Thompson, and Nikola Tesla, it is
established that the so-called electron is only a shadow; its apparent-only physical mass is merely an electrical momentum (ejected by the dielectric interia in disturbance. There is no rest mass to an electron nor could there be logically, a rest-electron 'bead';   such notions are absurd and evidence proven non-existent. The very premise is logically impossible and contradicts the rational physics of atomic charges and discharges.