Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What is breakthrough energy

Started by markdansie, May 17, 2016, 09:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allcanadian

@pirate
QuoteHow do you get out of bed in the morning being so negative?  Attitude is everything and where you see "pollution everywhere" I see rivers that are clean now as compared to just 30 years ago.  NY City tap water is rated healthier than most bottled waters...air is cleaner, much cleaner than just 20 years ago.

Most people I meet think I am fairly optimistic however I am also very realistic. Sure we have big problems however admitting we have a problem is the first step to solving them... denial is not a solution.

Regarding your denial...http://nypost.com/2015/03/05/nyc-air-could-kill-you-doctors/. Most people agree nyc has major pollution problems at every level however you are too deeply immersed in it to know the difference. The problem is "normal" can be anything, a man living in a polluted slum next to the dump who eats trash may call this normal. A man living in the mountains breathing fresh unpolluted air and drinking mountain water straight from a stream may call this normal. As we can see in these examples normal may fall at completely different extremes of the spectrum.

I grew up 90 miles from the closest city, 5 miles from the nearest neighbor and spent most of my days outdoors. Thus endless miles of green prairie grass on rolling hills and clear clean rivers were my normal. Today I live on an acreage and my back yard would cover 14 of your city blocks with a creek, a good well, a dugout full of fish and green pastures for my horses. Wide open spaces free of people, no pollution, clean air, clean water is my normal by choice which is the absolute polar opposite to your lifestyle.

So of course we would have a difference of opinion because I could never live in what you call normal, to me it is not normal by any means compared to my lifestyle. No offense but to be honest I find it disturbing that cramming that many people into such a small polluted space is becoming the new normal.

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

Pirate88179

Quote from: allcanadian on May 24, 2016, 05:43:40 PM
@pirate
Most people I meet think I am fairly optimistic however I am also very realistic. Sure we have big problems however admitting we have a problem is the first step to solving them... denial is not a solution.

Regarding your denial...http://nypost.com/2015/03/05/nyc-air-could-kill-you-doctors/. Most people agree nyc has major pollution problems at every level however you are too deeply immersed in it to know the difference. The problem is "normal" can be anything, a man living in a polluted slum next to the dump who eats trash may call this normal. A man living in the mountains breathing fresh unpolluted air and drinking mountain water straight from a stream may call this normal. As we can see in these examples normal may fall at completely different extremes of the spectrum.

I grew up 90 miles from the closest city, 5 miles from the nearest neighbor and spent most of my days outdoors. Thus endless miles of green prairie grass on rolling hills and clear clean rivers were my normal. Today I live on an acreage and my back yard would cover 14 of your city blocks with a creek, a good well, a dugout full of fish and green pastures for my horses. Wide open spaces free of people, no pollution, clean air, clean water is my normal by choice which is the absolute polar opposite to your lifestyle.

So of course we would have a difference of opinion because I could never live in what you call normal, to me it is not normal by any means compared to my lifestyle. No offense but to be honest I find it disturbing that cramming that many people into such a small polluted space is becoming the new normal.

AC

Well, I live in Kentucky which has more lakes per square mile than any other state except Alaska.  Our rivers and streams are very clean as are our wilderness areas.  I have no idea where you think we are "cramming that many people into such a small polluted space" ...nothing could be further from the truth.  More total negativity coming from you once again.  You really should try to look on the bright side...you know?  At least once in a while.  Being realistic is looking at life as it really is, not as you think it is with your negative outlook.

There are less than 3 million people in my entire state so, I have no idea what you are talking about.  By the way, no credible person quotes the NY Post...sort of like quoting the National Enquirer...same thing really.  If you have never been to NY you might not know that but, just a heads up for you.

Cheer up man.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

Quote from: SeaMonkey on May 24, 2016, 03:41:35 PM
Pirate,

Could you tell us how many KiloWatt Hours you were billed for and
what the cost per KWH is?

In some areas of the country the cost of grid electricity is very
high so cost comparisons are not an accurate gauge of usage.

I just checked my bill and I used 160 KWH for this billing period.  It also says I used the same 160 for the same month last year.  It does not show the rate and, I checked their website and they say to call to check the rate per kwh.  $28 of my bill is for the electric, the rest is for recycling fees according to my online bill.  So, I suppose that is 17.5 cents per kwh.  That is much higher than I thought but, they did just get a large rate increase.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

allcanadian

@Pirate
QuoteWell, I live in Kentucky which has more lakes per square mile than any other state except Alaska.  Our rivers and streams are very clean as are our wilderness areas.  I have no idea where you think we are "cramming that many people into such a small polluted space" ...nothing could be further from the truth.  More total negativity coming from you once again.  You really should try to look on the bright side...you know?  At least once in a while.  Being realistic is looking at life as it really is, not as you think it is with your negative outlook.

I thought you said you were from NYC and then I thought what in the hell are you talking about?... no pollution. My bad Bill and I apologize for being a dork, lol.

Now I'm jealous with you talking about all those lakes and wilderness areas, I hear Kentucky is a very nice place.

QuoteSo, I suppose that is 17.5 cents per kwh.  That is much higher than I thought but, they did just get a large rate increase.

17.5 cents per kWh seems pretty high, here in southern Alberta I have a contract with my local REA (Rural Electrification Association) and my rate is 7.2 cents per kWh. My rate has not changed in three years and it may be because their dropping in wind farms all over the place. The utilities are also installing HV power lines everywhere so the wind farms can run at maximum capacity. It makes sense here on the prairies with lots of open space and high winds coming off the Rocky Mountains. 

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

tinman

Quote from: Pirate88179 on May 24, 2016, 07:53:18 PM
I just checked my bill and I used 160 KWH for this billing period.  It also says I used the same 160 for the same month last year.  It does not show the rate and, I checked their website and they say to call to check the rate per kwh.  $28 of my bill is for the electric, the rest is for recycling fees according to my online bill.  So, I suppose that is 17.5 cents per kwh.  That is much higher than I thought but, they did just get a large rate increase.

Bill

Wow,you guys have cheap power over there.
Here in Oz,we pay 48 cents a kwh.

Brad