Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gyroscopes In Space, Away From Gravitational Fields, And Spacedrives

Started by guest1289, January 14, 2017, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest1289

Gyroscopes In Space, Away From Gravitational Fields, And Spacedrives

Wondering what do gyroscopes in space do,  when they are beyond the influence of gravitational-fields.

I know that they can be used to rotate a  spacecraft on it's own axis,  and this also works when they are beyond the influence of gravitational-fields.

So I guess a gyroscope can also be used to stop unwanted rotation of a spacecraft on it's own axis.

There's other probably more important questions that I wan't to ask, that I have either forgotten,  or can't think of now.

I think that 'spacedrives' / 'spacecraft-propulsion' designs based around( or partly utilizing )  gyroscope-like-effects are  categorized as  'reactionary-drives'  by the main space organization,  and are ignored by that organization for reasons I'm not sure of.

I found a youtube video of  'Laithwaite' proving( not sure ) that a  'spinning' gyroscope can decrease it's own  mass?/weight?,  it's on the following video at  21:58( go to the 21 minutes, 58 seconds point )
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlUaCdVrK1c
   However,  you'll notice that the decrease in mass?/weight? only seems to happen when 'Laithwaite' swings the gyroscope around,  so it seems be a 'reactionary' effect which is a combination of the spinning-effect inside of the gyroscope,  with the effect of 'Laithwaite' swinging the gyroscope around. ( which is very similar to the device that someone had brought to 'Laithwaite' years before,  which inspired his interest in gyroscopes  )

Lakes

Did a youtube search for "gyroscopic precession explained"

This is one I have seen before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeyDf4ooPdo

guest1289

Yes,  the 90-degree rule of 'gyroscopic precession'.
      (  I'm assuming thats what they're referring to,  when they call them  reactionary-drives,  but if they would function successfully away from the effective range of any gravitational-field,  and since they don't need any thruster fuel,  I'm surprised they're not considered for space propulsion,  although,   now that that  all-solid-state-spacedrive   was invented in the last 2 or 3 years,  that all-solid-state-spacedrive may be more efficient.

However,  I just remembered the very important question of why I actually started this thread,  and that is :
               On earth,  spinning-gyroscopes cannot easily be tipped over,  due to their interaction with the earths gravitational field,  so that is very useful for levitrons etc.
                 So,  a spinning-gyroscope out in space away from the effective range of any gravitational-field,   I assume it would  not  have any of the stabilization functionality/usefulness that it has here on earth( even if you linked up 2 or more gyroscopes to stop unwanted spacecraft spin etc,  which could result from using just one gyroscope ).
                  So in space,  away from the effective range of any gravitational-field,  a gyroscope would only be useful for spinning a spacecraft on it's own axis( or to counter the unwanted spinning of the spacecraft on it's on axis,  with the spinning effect of the gyroscope),   and,   maybe as a  'spacedrive',   but it would not have any  of the levitron-like/stabilization  usefulness that it has on earth.

lumen

A gyro will work anywhere and does not need gravity to operate.
The effect is related only to the rotating mass.

guest1289

QuoteA gyro will work anywhere and does not need gravity to operate.
The effect is related only to the rotating mass.

Yes, I would have thought that the  centrifugal-force/effect  of a  single-spinning-wheel/gyroscope  in space( away from effective gravity-fields )  might have the effect of resisting changes in it's orientation( just along it's own central-axis/center-of-gravity) ,   or,    that it may behave like an object of a  higher-mass( thereby also being more resistant to changes in its orientation,  just along it's own central-axis/center-of-gravity ).

However,  Why I think That A Gyroscope( EG. Just A Spinning Wheel ) On Earth Depends On Gravity To Resist Changes In It's Orientation
      -  I was sure that things like  very very  fast-spinning-tops,  or similar simple things  like a  levitron spinning freely on a table-top(  instead of above a magnet ),  ones not set into any types of gimballs( frames rotating on one axis ),      that if they are spinning at a sufficiently high enough rpm,  that they  will   'always'   align  perfectly with  the  horizontal-plane in relation to the earth's-gravitational-field,   in other words,   if  you push them in any angle away from the perfect-horizontal-plane,   that they will immediately return to the  perfect-horizontal-plane.
         ( At the moment I can't find anything with which,  to personally test this  )
         I was sure  that things like the various models of  gyroscope-stabilized-Monorails made by Brennan( approximately 120-years ago ),   and,   the original huge maritime-gyroscopic-boat-stabilizers( also approximately 120-years ago ),   that they worked directly via the effect of the  spinning-wheel  aligning perfectly with the horizontal-plane in relation to the earth's-gravitational-field.
          The huge maritime-gyroscopic-boat-stabilizers( from approximately 120-years ago ) did not contain any type of  active-stabilization-systems,  they were simply huge rotating wheels set directly into the boat  without  any types of gimballs( ( frames rotating on one axis ) .
          Surely Brennan's gyroscopic-monorail trains,  would constantly have experienced forces from passengers etc,   to tilt the gyroscope away from the perfect-horizontal-plane,  and yet as far as I can tell,  they always remained perfectly-horizontal.
          (  I did see one photo of Brennan's full-size gyroscopic-monorail-train,  which does seem to contradict what I am saying, because it was leaning at an angle far away from the  perfect-horizontal-plane,  but the webpage did not explain why  )
          You'd think those trains and boats( from approximately 120-years ago ) would have ended up at  some  angle  away from the  perfect-horizontal-plane  after an hour of functioning,  but it seems they did not.