Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Some Bifilar coil experiments

Started by evostars, April 11, 2017, 04:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evostars

when a bigger setup for hv need te be tuned,  i could tune it with low voltage. and then when its tuned,  apply the high voltage pulse.  the tuning is not dependent on the pulse voltage. only on frequency.

TinselKoala

QuoteI wonder, what would happen, if I used a neon transformer, with a cap and a spark gap to produce the pulse voltage (high voltage).
The resonant rise would be insane high voltage. With enormous amounts of energy in the capacitors (series HV caps).

Then you would have invented the Tesla Coil ! VRSWR (voltage rise by standing wave resonance) is indeed amazing.

But you don't need Tesla bifilar coils to see big voltage rises in resonant systems. I have many videos on this topic myself, but I won't distract this thread by posting them. Anyone who wants to see them can just search my YT channel for the right keywords.

evostars

Quote from: TinselKoala on April 11, 2017, 05:58:17 PM
Then you would have invented the Tesla Coil ! VRSWR (voltage rise by standing wave resonance) is indeed amazing.

But you don't need Tesla bifilar coils to see big voltage rises in resonant systems. I have many videos on this topic myself, but I won't distract this thread by posting them. Anyone who wants to see them can just search my YT channel for the right keywords.

indeed,  there is a good resemblance to a tesla coil.
but its slightly different.
2 secondary coils, reverse wound for the south,  and slightly distanced from the primary.
and than diodes and caps...

TinselKoala

Several times I have seen the claim made that a coil wound in the Tesla Bifilar manner has half the DC resistance of a monofilar coil with the same number of turns, same wire, etc. I don't see how this could possibly be true, since for the same type and dimensions of wire, the DC resistance should depend only on the length of the wire, no matter how it is wound.

But I have seen several versions of this claim that the TBF winding has half the resistance of a monofilar winding of the same total length.

OK, so I just spent two hours of steady concentration making two comparison coils
of my own. I used #34 magnet wire, wound them on a wooden dowel, and was
very careful. Both coils have 380 total turns (the TBF having 190+190).

I measured them with my Fluke 83-III multimeter in high-precision (4 1/2 digit)  mode.
I used short probe leads to make the connections to the coils. The
probe leads alone shorted together measured 0.72 ohms. The straight solenoid
coil monofilar measured 11.16 ohms, or 10.44 ohms after subtracting the probe
lead resistance. The Tesla Bifilar coil measured 11.24 ohms, or 10.52 ohms after
subtracting the probe lead resistance. The 0.08 ohms difference is probably due
to the resistance of the top-bottom connection soldered together in the TBF coil.

Inductance measured with my Pros-Kit inductance meter: TBF 224 microHenry,
monofilar 221 microHenry. Not a significant difference, but again probably accounted
for by the slight extra length of wire needed to make the top-bottom connection.

So what is going on? Where does this claim of "half resistance" come from? Are people
making some mistake, like mis-connecting the coil so that they are actually only
measuring half the total length of wire? Does this "half resistance" effect not happen
until you get many more turns than 380? Are they mistaking DC resistance for AC impedance?
Are they just making stuff up? Did _I_ make some mistake somehow?

evostars

Quote from: TinselKoala on April 12, 2017, 05:57:09 AM
Several times I have seen the claim made that a coil wound in the Tesla Bifilar manner has half the DC resistance of a monofilar coil with the same number of turns, same wire, etc. I don't see how this could possibly be true, since for the same type and dimensions of wire, the DC resistance should depend only on the length of the wire, no matter how it is wound.

But I have seen several versions of this claim that the TBF winding has half the resistance of a monofilar winding of the same total length.

OK, so I just spent two hours of steady concentration making two comparison coils
of my own. I used #34 magnet wire, wound them on a wooden dowel, and was
very careful. Both coils have 380 total turns (the TBF having 190+190).

I measured them with my Fluke 83-III multimeter in high-precision (4 1/2 digit)  mode.
I used short probe leads to make the connections to the coils. The
probe leads alone shorted together measured 0.72 ohms. The straight solenoid
coil monofilar measured 11.16 ohms, or 10.44 ohms after subtracting the probe
lead resistance. The Tesla Bifilar coil measured 11.24 ohms, or 10.52 ohms after
subtracting the probe lead resistance. The 0.08 ohms difference is probably due
to the resistance of the top-bottom connection soldered together in the TBF coil.

Inductance measured with my Pros-Kit inductance meter: TBF 224 microHenry,
monofilar 221 microHenry. Not a significant difference, but again probably accounted
for by the slight extra length of wire needed to make the top-bottom connection.

So what is going on? Where does this claim of "half resistance" come from? Are people
making some mistake, like mis-connecting the coil so that they are actually only
measuring half the total length of wire? Does this "half resistance" effect not happen
until you get many more turns than 380? Are they mistaking DC resistance for AC impedance?
Are they just making stuff up? Did _I_ make some mistake somehow?

please stick to the other thread keep this one clean.