Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Old Standard Ignition System. Battery. Coil. Points. And Condenser....

Started by Magluvin, October 25, 2017, 07:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeg

Hi Mags.
Thanks for the video.
What is cap's capacity?
Looks like switching frequency with cap's charging time plays some role on here. If you are able to use other switching method than a relay, one with a variable frequency capability, then i am pretty sure that efficiency will go higher. The best time is to fire when current (which charges the cap) reaches the zero level.

ps. If timing is right then diode is useless.

Magluvin

And Cifta, if your conclusion is that for there to be resonance, there would need to be 2 tuning forks, then does there need to be 2 tune ported speaker enclosures in order to call it resonance? Or can I just build 1 box for a sub in my car and call the gain i get by way of that tuned enclosure an effect of resonance? ;)

Mags

Magluvin

Quote from: Jeg on November 01, 2017, 11:56:55 AM
Hi Mags.
Thanks for the video.
What is cap's capacity?
Looks like switching frequency with cap's charging time plays some role on here. If you are able to use other switching method than a relay, one with a variable frequency capability, then i am pretty sure that efficiency will go higher. The best time is to fire when current (which charges the cap) reaches the zero level.

ps. If timing is right then diode is useless.

The diode is just to be sure as I just wanted to make the process work the first time not knowing if the same timing I was using in the standard circuit used for direct comparison purposes was a good match for the same freq switching. Not looking to design it for a specific engine to provide spark, it is just demonstrations of resonance gains compared to no resonance. That has been the point of this thread since i said so in post 1.

Firstly, the efficiency of Teslas circuit far exceeds the standard circuit and very simply by rearranging the circuit slightly and the addition of a large inductor.  I thought it was very cool to show what Tesla was doing with this back then, and then to see they abandoned it for this current sucking standard we have been talking about here in this thread. And it also is about resonance here in this topic.

Tha cap is .14uf. I think it could change things with a different cap value, but again I wanted to demonstrate that it would work here as well as in the standard circuit. Same cap. Same spark coil. Same battery and same switching. Just the addition of the large inductor and the diode..

The standard circuit pulls 78w from the battery when the switch is closed, and the igniter circuit pulls max 3w and change.  Huge efficiency gain by the circuit change alone, let alone still having resonance in the picture.

Mags

Jeg

Quote from: Magluvin on November 01, 2017, 12:14:19 PM

The standard circuit pulls 78w from the battery when the switch is closed, and the igniter circuit pulls max 3w and change.  Huge efficiency gain by the circuit change alone, let alone still having resonance in the picture.

Mags

Nice point Mags. Simple and straight. ;)

Just for the records, with same components you need about 440 hertz of switching frequency. Relay looks like it switches close to 5 hz.

Quote from: Erfinder on November 01, 2017, 12:13:28 PM
A damped wave is a composite wave, consisting of harmonically associated waves of proper amplitude.

Couldn't be expressed better. thanks

Magluvin

Quote from: Jeg on November 01, 2017, 12:30:11 PM

Just for the records, with same components you need about 440 hertz of switching frequency. Relay looks like it switches close to 5 hz.

Well if it were an 8cyl engine.  Idle rpm of 1000 revolutions per minute. Divide by 60 seconds would be 16.6 rotations per second.  Now we have a 4 stroke, so there are only 4 firings per rotation. so 4 times 16 is 66 spark events per second, not 440 as you say.

Mags