Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

inertial propulsion with gyroscope

Started by woopy, January 16, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woopy

Hi all

I made a new test.

This time the gyro is attached on a bicycle wheel, which hang on the roof with a very thin MONOTORON (untwisted and unelastic) Kevlar (aramid) thread.

During the experiment, the thread is not detwisting, on the contrary it is winding.

So this time we have absolutely no friction at all, and the system seems to work well.

Apology for the long boring 7 minutes of the video but it seems that the gyro effectively loses some inertia on his back track, and this is what is interesting. And the question is why and how?

https://youtu.be/VoDj5KlJztc

just for info i have added 2 more "fidget brass ring" so the gyro has now 5 rings and work very good also on the ground.

Hope this helps

Laurent

conradelektro

Great experiment! I like your last video (the thing hanging from the ceiling, part 6) which seems to prove that there is real propulsion (no back and forward movement, only forward).

I have a question:

The motor is spinning the weight. Does the long axle interact with the ring? Or asked differently, does the long axle every now and then touch the ring in order to make the contraption move around the ring?

Asked in a third way, the spinning weight is actively driven around the ring because the spinning axle touches the ring at least during part of the round trip along the ring?

In your first video (part 1), this grating sound can be heard. I this grating sound caused by the axle touching the ring (in order to drive the spinning wheel around the ring)?

Greetings, Conrad

woopy

Quote from: conradelektro on February 14, 2018, 04:53:33 PM
Great experiment! I like your last video (the thing hanging from the ceiling, part 6) which seems to prove that there is real propulsion (no back and forward movement, only forward).

I have a question:

The motor is spinning the weight. Does the long axle interact with the ring? Or asked differently, does the long axle every now and then touch the ring in order to make the contraption move around the ring?

Asked in a third way, the spinning weight is actively driven around the ring because the spinning axle touches the ring at least during part of the round trip along the ring?

In your first video (part 1), this grating sound can be heard. I this grating sound caused by the axle touching the ring (in order to drive the spinning wheel around the ring)?

Greetings, Conrad

Hi conrad

Yes you understand well

There is only 1 motor which spins the long  shaft . There is no motor to rotate the system vertically.

The gyro is attached at one end of the shaft and on the opposite part of the long shaft there should be a traction wheel. But in this specific set up, the shaft itself is  the traction wheel.

The traction wheel is in contact with the ring (orange) on about 180 degrees of the rotation. During this contact, the traction wheel  does 2 actions

1- it forces the gyro to rotate perfectly horizontally around the ring (orange) at a very precise speed.

2- it prevent the gyro to precess because the gyro tries to raise up and prescess, but it can not, so the gyro behave as a simple "dead" mass rotating on a horizontal planar path. And the gyro exhibit its full inertia and centrifugal force. And as it can not precess the gyro also apply a strong gyroscopic vertical torque on the shaft which is transmitted to the traction wheel which get a strong downward push against the ring creating a good grip and the powerfull motorizing swing.

Then on the other 180 degrees, the traction wheel jump in "freefall" down the"cliff" of the splitted ring and does nothing more.

So the gyro is now free to raise up and precess. During this part of the rotation neither the traction wheel  nor the gyro are in contact with the ring(orange). All "float" in the air.

And during this part of the rotation, the precessing gyro loses a big part of its inertia, so it can can come back to the initial position by natural precession (precession due to gravity), without  swinging effect and without counter motoring effect.

You can clearly see that the gyro swing fast and precess (and also nutate) slowly .

And the question is how and why a precessing gyro seems to lose its inertia and centrifugal force ??????

I would recommand to read the patent (see in part 1 ) of the inventor, M. Harvey Fiala, it is very interesting and informative.

Hope this helps

Laurent

conradelektro

Laurent, thank you for your reply and explanations. I read the patent but was not sure how your replication worked. (You did a truthful replication.)

1) I have the impression from your videos that the arm holding the spinning wheel (the gyroscope) is accelerated from the moment the traction wheel engages the ring till it loses contact (for 180° of the round trip).

And then the arm de-accelerates while the spinning wheel is freely flying the other half of its round trip.

In other words, the arm is not turning with a constant speed but speeds up during one half of its round trip and slows down the other half. (While the spinning wheel, the gyroscope, is always spinning at the same speed.)

2) I wonder whether the spinning wheel could stay in the same plane during its round trip (no nodding)? The nodding seems to be necessary in order to engage and disengage the traction wheel and may have no other purpose?

I once did some experiments in this field of research but only managed the ominous and well known back and forth movement. I dumped everything years ago but will make some drawings in order to discuss my findings and possible solutions based on the Fiala patent.

Laurent, your experiments made me dig up my collection of stepper motors and I might buy some modern stepper motor shields for my Arduino. It is intriguing. I am not expecting that a "space drive" which turns rotary forces into linear forces (as Fiala claims) is really possible, but there is still a lot to be learned about turning gyroscopes. I am particularly interested in the "nodding" of a gyroscope as Fiala is doing in his patent. It is strange that Fiala is only "nodding" his gyroscope a little bit (about 5°).

Concerning your latest experiment (part 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDj5KlJztc&feature=youtu.be): It is hard to explain the turning of your contraption other than by a net force in the turning direction. This should be impossible, but you did it anyway. It could be that the Fiala invention only works on a planet (against gravity) and not in free fall? In other words, the Fiala invention pushes against gravity (straight down) and turns that into a weak forward motion (probably by help of friction, even friction in the air). If there is no gravity to push against, it might not work? But this is only speculation.

The Fiala patent was filed in February 2011. If it had worked one would have heard about it in the meantime. There probably is a catch (an error of thought) in the thing. Some things are too good to be true. But your experiments are great whatever the end result.

Greetings, Conrad

TinselKoala

Oh, I see. So with Woopy's present apparatus there doesn't appear to be any way to isolate the "gyro spinning" from the rotation in the precession direction. That's too bad because I'd like to see if there is any test that can be performed to see if it is really a gyro effect or if it is due simply to the variation in speed as the weight goes around the vertical axis.

I'd also like to be able to distinguish between "forced precession" and normal precession. That is, if the gyro is being rotated around the vertical axis faster than it would precess simply by gravity alone, this is forced precession and the gyro should rise up, which as I understand it would break the contact between the "friction wheel" or axle, and the circular ramp part.

I can testify that forcing a gyro to go faster around the precession axis than it normally would go, will yield very interesting results as the gyro rises (a la Laithwaite).

But I am still skeptical about the behaviour shown, since I think it's possible to "pump up" a torsion pendulum with properly timed rotational pulses, which I think could be provided merely by a nonspinning weight that accelerated and decelerated like woopy's gyro does.

At any rate this is a great series of experiments by woopy and I hope that he or we can figure out some way to actually test whether the gyro is doing the "dirty work" or if a nonspinning weight would do the same.