Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pierre's 170W in 1600W out Looped Very impressive Build continued & moderated

Started by gotoluc, March 23, 2018, 10:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slider2732

In the datasheet for the chip version of the L298N we see 600mA per channel and 1.2A total. That's where I was in error when talking to you Luc, thinking the module version you have could be similarly limited. However, Sparkfun say 4A for the heatsinked version:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9479
If all 30 are now soldered, do it that route...if it doesn't run, change to L192's method ? :)
It gives an option and, if anything untoward was to happen to any of the modules in testing, you have L192's clever method to replace up to 12 defective L298N's !

Here's a quick demo of a simple rotating fields method for solid state.
It's merely outputting Pierre's type of code structure to 3 inputs of a chip version of the L298N. Coil 1 on, Coil 2 on, Coil 1 off etc.
The LED's indicate the position in the firing order. The motor is a 12 pole floppy drive 3 phase, where none of its circuit is used, the 3 coil sections are controlled directly by the Arduino and L298N. The L298N Enables are connected to Vcc.
What I can say, is that Pierre's way of running coils does work, the fields evidently rotate fine because the motor is seen running smoothly.

The short vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9bm0EN8cc

Here's the simple code:

// 3 phase motor driver
// Variable speed
// Slider 2732, March 2018

int pot = 0;

void setup()
{
pinMode(2, OUTPUT);
pinMode(3, OUTPUT);
pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
pinMode(A0, INPUT);
}

void loop()
{
pot = analogRead(A0);
pot = map(pot,0,1023, 2,200);
digitalWrite (2, HIGH);
delay(pot);
digitalWrite (4, LOW);
delay(pot);
digitalWrite (3, HIGH);
delay(pot);
digitalWrite (2, LOW);
delay(pot);
digitalWrite (4, HIGH);
delay(pot);
digitalWrite (3, LOW);
delay(pot);
}

cheors

Quote from: r2fpl on March 29, 2018, 05:01:45 PM

Hi listener191,

No, See ... only 4 plugs, Full cables in 3 plugs. 4 plugs is 4 cables. Total=28 !

not 36 or not 72.

How connect this ? It is impossible. How it is to the program Arduino ?

5 connectors (difficult to see)

listener191

Quote from: gotoluc on March 29, 2018, 05:18:19 PM
@L192
Looking at your total post count I now see you probably haven't been member for very long and understandably don't know who's who.
The research work I usually do is not replications. It's usually my own ideas based on electro and permanent magnets experiments which I share.
From my well known history and readiness to truly build and share video test results, if I need any electronics help usually well versed electronic engineer like TK and other members of this forum will help.
Sorry if I made you feel bad, it's not my intention. Just disappointed something so simple was not thought of or understood earlier.
Thanks for making it clear.
Slider2732 is now looking over your suggestion to see if it's the direction we will take. Anyone else is also free to do so and share your pros and cons.
Regards
Luc

Fr. @ L192
En regardant votre nombre total de messages, je vois maintenant que vous n'avez probablement pas été membre depuis très longtemps et, naturellement, tu ne sais pas qui est qui.
Le travail de recherche que je fais habituellement n'est pas une répétition. C'est habituellement mes propres idées basées sur des expériences d'électro et d'aimants permanents que je partage.
De mon histoire bien connue et prêt à vraiment construire et partager les résultats des tests vidéo, si j'ai besoin d'aide électronique généralement un ingénieur électronique bien versé comme TK et d'autres membres de ce forum aidera.
Désolé si je vous ai fait mal, ce n'est pas mon intention. Juste déçu quelque chose de si simple n'a pas été pensé ou compris plus tôt.
Merci de le préciser.
Slider2732 regarde maintenant votre suggestion pour voir si c'est le chemin que nous prendrons. Tout le monde est également libre de le faire et de partager vos avantages et inconvénients.
Cordialement
Luc

Hi Gotoluc,

I have been a member for 10 years, I just very rarely look at the forum (or any other forum)
I have no inclination to participate in the politics that end up permeating every thread eventually, so it is best to not linger too long.
Some projects I have worked on have a duration of several years, so that arrangement works for me.
This one is different as it has similarities to one I worked on 10 years ago based on AC and a traveling wave in a three phase rotary transformer.

Regards
L192

listener191

Quote from: cheors on March 29, 2018, 05:45:29 PM
5 connectors (difficult to see)

Hi Cheors,

Perhaps he is running a parallel scheme for the 6 poles,  that would reduce the count.

Regards

L192

gotoluc

Quote from: Slider2732 on March 29, 2018, 05:45:09 PM
If all 30 are now soldered, do it that route...if it doesn't run, change to L192's method ? :)

Thanks for your reply Slider2732 but I'm going to need a little more than that.
If I was to connect all 30 L298N I would need for someone who knows the program and better knowledge in electronics to tell me which boards can be grouped together so the 120 wires can connect in the Arduino which only has some 50 or so connections. See the the problem?

Now if L192 suggestion of using 18 L298N is capable of handling the same amount of current as 30 L298N and I only need to deal with 72 wires to the Arduino instead of 120 then I would rather go that route.
I need help one way or the other and 18 sounds a lot easier to deal with then 30.
So are you or anyone else ready to help me with this part to see what this device will do?
Regards
Luc

Fr. Merci pour votre réponse Slider2732 mais je vais avoir besoin d'un peu plus que ça.
Si je devais connecter les 30 L298N, il faudrait que quelqu'un qui connaisse le programme et de meilleures connaissances en électronique me dise quelles cartes peuvent être regroupées pour que les 120 fils puissent se connecter à l'Arduino qui n'a qu'une cinquantaine de connexions. Voir le problème?
Maintenant, si la suggestion L192 d'utiliser 18 L298N est capable de gérer la même quantité de courant que 30 L298N et j'ai seulement besoin de traiter 72 fils à l'Arduino au lieu de 120 alors je préfère aller dans cette voie.
J'ai besoin d'aide dans un sens ou dans l'autre et 18 sons beaucoup plus faciles à traiter que 30.
Alors êtes-vous ou quelqu'un d'autre prêt à m'aider avec cette partie pour voir ce que cet appareil va faire?
Cordialement
Luc