Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

getting more energy out of AA and AAA batteries

Started by mak27, April 14, 2018, 11:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfior

Quote from: itsu on April 25, 2018, 06:47:48 AM
Right!   :)

I guess I just learned more today about electricity than studying for 5 years...

conradelektro

Quote from: itsu on April 25, 2018, 05:18:54 AM
But i changed to red leds to speed up the process.

Without any resistor, the 5 paralleled red leds were very bright, got warm and pulled about 136mA, so i dimmed them to about 4mA by using a 180 Ohm
resistor in the supply line.

Itsu

@Itsu:

I do not want to play the clever one, but one needs a 180 Ohm resistor for each and every red LED because no LED is exactly like the other and with only one 180 Ohm resisteor in the supply line they will shine with slightly different brightness. And the current draw will be greater with four resistors.

Four 180 Ohm resistors in prallel act like one 45 Ohm resistor http://www.1728.org/resistrs.htm . So the draw will be about 16 mA.

With a draw of 4 mA the test will last about 21 days (2000/4/24 = ~ 21), with 16 mA it will be about 5 to 6 days.

Thank you for doing the test, I can't wait to hear the result. I only have disk magnets and I would have to buy four somehow identical NiMH accumulators. The costs (magnets + accumulators) would be about 30.-- Euros which I do not want to invest in magnet-steel-power.

About LEDs http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Basic_Light_Emitting_Diode_guide :

"Connecting multiple LEDs in parallel is usually a bad idea. Even LEDs of the same production series have slightly different forward voltage to forward current ratios. Some LEDs will draw more current, and some less. This leads to differences in brightness between the LEDs that could reduce the useful life."

You probably know all this, Conrad

itsu

Conrad,

i would like to stay as close to the original setup, meaning 5 leds in parallel, so i toke only 1 resistor in the supply line.
The 5 leds are indeed shining with slightly different brightnesses, but i don't think it matters here.

I expect to see within a few weeks the result you and i expect to see, but untill then we will have to sit it out.

After a few hours stabilizing, the voltages are:
Magnet powered 1.753V
control               1.745V      at the leds.

Itsu

conradelektro

Quote from: itsu on April 25, 2018, 11:31:10 AM
i would like to stay as close to the original setup, meaning 5 leds in parallel, so i toke only 1 resistor in the supply line.
The 5 leds are indeed shining with slightly different brightnesses, but i don't think it matters here.

I expect to see within a few weeks the result you and i expect to see, but untill then we will have to sit it out.

Ok, I get it.

As these things go, one could always argue that the magic ("electron pulling from steel by magnet") only happens slowly. Any "fast depletion test" would kill the magic. This is the age old problem that it is often impossible to disprove some claim. Any way, a 21 day test might be better than a 5 day test.

Greetings, Conrad

itsu

After 3 days:

Magnet powered  1.674V
control                1.714V      at the leds.

Itsu