Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Solid-State Maxwell Demon

Started by ZL, May 11, 2018, 10:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you believe that the claims in the paper "A Solid-State Maxwell Demon" by Dr. Daniel P. Sheehan are correct?

Yes, I am absolutely sure about that.
3 (37.5%)
I believe they are correct, but I am not qualified in this subject enough to be sure.
3 (37.5%)
I am totally confused by the critics like Germano; both possibilities (true - false) are equally probable.
1 (12.5%)
I believe they are incorrect, but I am not qualified in this subject enough to be sure.
0 (0%)
No, I am absolutely sure that Dr. Sheehan's diode can't convert heat energy into mechanical or electrical energy as he claimed.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Nonlinear

Gentlemen, I rarely comment here because honestly, I don't find looking for a perpetuum mobile to be a rewarding hobby. But this case puzzles me enough to make an exception. You seem to be confident that the theory of Sheehan is correct and the provided photos and videos are credible proof for this. Did you ever consider the possibility that the measurement claims could be inaccurate? Mr. Sheehan has got a Ph. D. and you trust him for that, but so does Mr. D'Abramo. He has got very solid academic credentials too, look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germano_D%27Abramo and here https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Germano_Dabramo.

From Wikipedia "Germano D'Abramo (born 25 May 1973) is an Italian mathematician, physicist and discoverer of minor planets.[2]"
And Researchgate claims he is a physics professor at a university in Italy "Current institution: Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca | MIUR Rome, Italy. Current position: Physics Professor"

In his paper "A Note on Solid-State Maxwell Demon" that was mentioned in the first post he has offered two different arguments that prove there is no violation of the second law of thermodynamics. He mathematically demonstrates that there can't be an external electric field between the open terminals of the np semiconductor. I am not a physicist and don't have a Ph. D. but reading his explanation I can't find the error in his arguments. Can somebody explain why you are ignoring his paper and get excited over Mr. Sheehan's diode? What is wrong with Germano's explanations?

memoryman

Nonlinear.
I am not familiar with Dr. D'Abramo, but will read it.
Dr. Sheehan's work I can understand (I am not a physicist).
The vast majority of discoveries do not result in products, simply because they don't scale.

ZL

Quote from: vasik041 on May 21, 2018, 02:21:00 PM
Thank you for sharing this information.
I have no doubt that it can be developed in practical product...but it probably require huge investments.
It would be interesting to know about Dr. Sheehan progress with this device as last video from 2013 ...

You are welcome. Right now I can not see any reason why this principle could not be developed into practical products. The theory is solid and correct. The required technology to manufacture MEMS and microchips already exists, and they are well advanced. The design engineers don't even have to build countless, very expensive prototypes in order to know how they would work. New MEMS designs can be simulated using multi-physics finite element analysis software like COMSOL, ANSYS, ELMER, FENICS etc. and analyse their behaviour even before they get built. In fact even I could do such simulations, even though I am not getting paid for such work.

The only thing required is investment for production that only the richest can afford. This is a huge problem for the 'commoners' who don't belong to the top 1%, because you can be sure that the elite never misses the opportunity to profit from revolutionary new inventions. They have a rule: "never let a crisis go to waste". If they always turn even a crisis into their own advantage, then why would they let a golden opportunity like this go to waste? They are not really against FE inventions, as many people think. They are happy to use them for their own enrichment, and probably just sell us the power, as long as they can do that without the danger of leaking the technology to the people. Why is this a huge problem for us? Because the larger is the gap between the technology available to the elite 1%, and the technology available to us, the more oppressed and enslaved we become.

The US patent office constantly filters the patent applications and appropriates those that they deem to threaten their power structure and financial interests (or blocks them for years). Of course, they do that under the excuse of "protecting national security", but that is just dust thrown into your eyes, so you shouldn't see the truth. Here is an essential reading for those who don't know what is really going on: "Government Secrecy Orders on Patents Have Stifled More Than 5,000 Inventions"
https://www.wired.com/2013/04/gov-secrecy-orders-on-patents/

If you want to know the current status of the related research and development, the most straightforward thing to do would be to simply send an email the Dr. Sheehan and ask him, right? But if a secrecy order has been put on his invention (which is almost certain), then he would be forbidden to tell you the truth. So you would either not get a response at all, or get some evasive false reply. Even the fact of it being under secrecy order is a secret, so in that case all he could do is to lie. It might be worthwhile to try contacting him, but I wouldn't really trust the response.

I have made a patent search under Sheehan's name as inventor and found some, but those are not about this diode. There is nothing about this invention in the patent office, which is simply unbelievable. The only reasonable explanation is that it is under secrecy order. If that is true, then people won't see this coming to the market any time soon unless Russia or China starts mass producing and selling it to the whole world. Even that is improbable, because the same power structure rules those countries as well, and they are not interested in empowering their subjects.

ZL

Quote from: Nonlinear on May 21, 2018, 03:44:10 PM
Can somebody explain why you are ignoring his paper and get excited over Mr. Sheehan's diode? What is wrong with Germano's explanations?

Certainly. Memoryman is going to read it, according to his promise. Let's give him a chance to shine, show the errors in Germano's paper, and clear your doubts. ;) If he (or some other volunteer) can't do it, or the explanation is incomplete, then I will tell you my take on Germano's arguments.

I appreciate critical thinking, and the desire to correctly understand the theory, because besides spreading the information, that is almost the only thing we can do in this case. But in order to confidently spread this information, one has to have a solid conviction that this works as claimed, and also understand why it can't work any other way. If such a solid base is missing, the attackers (whether out of ignorance, or out of intent to suppress) would quickly debunk your presentations.

vasik041

Thank you for detailed answer ZL!
I do not think that it is good idea to send emails to somebody I am not familiar with. It would create distraction.Russia depends heavily on oil and natural gas sales, there are many suppressed FE inventions there also.It is unlikely that it going to help people get FE .
I do not know about China, but it seems to be even worse regime... nobody going to help us except ourselves :)

BR,-V.