Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Minimal Lenz Generator V2

Started by BorisKrabow, July 04, 2020, 03:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyulasun

Hi Norman, 

Thank you very much for doing and reporting this test. 

Wish you good health. 

Greetings 
Gyula

kolbacict

if you use a part from a hard disk as a pendulum? There is a suspension(axis), there is a coil, there is a magnet ...

norman6538

The bearing in the hard drive and also the VCR is hard to adapt whereas quick and dirty bike axles are easy to adapt and adjust.

I know because I have used the VCR bearing but not for a long pendulum where the least little bit of play will manifest itself.
See attached photo for how I adapted the front bicycle axle to make a pendulum. I wrapped  some sheet metal around the axle and gripped it tight with a nut and then the wood is screwed into that metal.  Out of the photo to the left is a front bicycle fork that holds the end of the axle. Since I repair bicycles I have lots of spare parts available.
My mistake was in using a 16 inch wheel axle instead of a 26 inch wheel which would have greater stability. If need be I can use 2 axles giving me the equivalent of a no sag fence gate hinge but don't have time right now.

Norman

norman6538

Today I got a better axle and reduced the mag/core gap thus reducing the swings and now the difference in swings with coil open/closed and metal/no  metal is 1-2 swings - around 7-9. I will retest to see if the numbers are valid and then report them.

Bad news for now. The coil does not generate enough voltage to allow a diode to give me oneway voltage/current so it will take a mechanical switch and I don't have time for that now unless my nightime brain wakes me up with a quick and dirty idea.

So my daytime curiosity brain came up with this.
Using a hand pressed micro switch because the pendulum swings slow enough to manually press the switch closing the coil in only 1 direction and 2 tests I got a difference of 1 both times.  So

A. coil closed approaching metal then coil - 9 swings.
B. coil closed approaching the coil then metal - 10 swings.
C. 9 swings with coil open.

Which I interpret to mean that the Lenz counter to motion force  is reduced with the metal on the leaving coil side. So we have quasi good news....

Norman 

Norman

gyulasun

Hi Norman, 

Thank you again for your kind efforts.  Regarding the " The coil does not generate enough voltage to allow a diode to give me oneway voltage/current"  problem, you may have germanium diodes in your junkbox? Or a germanium transistor used as a diode?  These Ge diodes have 50- 100 mV forward voltage drop only. Low barrier Schottky diodes have 150-200 mV forward voltage drop.   

Indeed your test results are promising.   8)

Greetings 
Gyula