Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A theory and build inspired by Friedrich Lüling's magnet motor

Started by Cadman, April 06, 2022, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

The purpose of this thread is to explore a method of operation for a magnet motor based on my theory of how Friedrich Lüling's motor may have operated.
It is not an attempt to replicate it in detail or disparage anyone else's ideas or efforts.
Please, alternate theories are not acceptable in this thread and should be presented elsewhere.

Respectful, polite, questions, comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome and encouraged. In other words, posts using common decency.
Any posts that are inappropriate or off topic will be removed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Flux redirection. Not a new concept. I'm sure many others have been there before now.

Judging from my own experience, a magnet motor should have a defined magnetic circuit.
By using such a circuit the flux can be controlled much the same way as current in an electric circuit.
The majority of the flux will follow the path of least resistance through the circuit.

The material composing the circuit will have a static reluctance (resistance) dictated by it's length, cross section and permeability.
This reluctance can be altered using an air gap as a resistor, and using a variable air gap allows control of the circuit.

In the attached conceptual drawing there are two circuit paths for each magnet.
The first path is from a first magnet through a very small air gap, through the rotor to the opposite side air gap, through a second magnet
then returning through the frame or other iron member to the first magnet.

The second much shorter circuit is through an iron shunt contacting the same-side magnets on one or more faces other than the face closest to the rotor.

The second circuit draws the magnetic attraction away from the rotor, minimizing or eliminating reverse rotation forces. Neutralizing them, if you will.

To be continued:
Cadman

Cadman

Several things to consider going forward.
What material could be used to make the iron rotor and return path? I have 4 choices.

Iron. Density of 7.874 g/cm3
Iron PLA - Density is about 1.85 g/cm3
IRON 100 - Hydrogen reduced, fine iron powder. Iron purity > 98%. Apparent Density is 2.41 g/cm3
SM 1001 ultra pure soft-magnetic iron powder. Iron purity > 98%. Apparent density is about 2.92 g/cm3

Typical iron ferrite has a density of about 4.85 g/cm3, but that is not available to me.

SM 1001 is better but more than twice the price of Iron 100 so that is out of the picture.

Lastly, I may be able to get the parts made from hot roll bar, plasma cut from work. Maybe.

Originally I intended to make a shell of iron PLA and fill it with Iron 100. But the density of that is 1/3 that of iron so the permeability is that much less.
On the other hand that should also make separating the switch from the magnet that much easier.
If I can figure out how to compress and bind the powder the density should increase. Heat sintering is out of the question.

So right now I think I'll start with a plain PLA shell filled with Iron 100 and experiment with that.
If anyone has a suggestion for a better material or combination of materials please post your idea.

citfta

Hi Cadman,

When I  first looked at your drawing it immediately came to my mind that your rotor looked like part of a cast iron drive pulley
like the ones that used to be used on a lot of machinery. 
If you could find one of the proper size you could cut away the extra spokes and part of the rim to make it like your drawing. 
You would have to be pretty accurate with your cutting in order to keep everything balanced. 
Or you might just do a little grinding to get things balanced after cutting it to shape. 
I like your idea.  When I have time I want to look into it myself.

Take care,
Carroll

lota

Hello,
one could use iron oxide with epoxy. Black sand.
On the drawing is a diode.
Greeting
Lota

kajunbee