Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse Motors- Your building them wrong.

Started by tinman, August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightlife

I am sorry, I didn't realize that was your video.I had not seen it before. Nor did I realize that this thread is about a different type of pulse motor.
However, it does not take away from what I have stated and I would like to see your build modified. Maybe we can start a new thread to talk more about it or thru a pm. I will not discuss this any longer on this thread. Sorry for jumping in.

MagnaProp

Quote from: tinman on August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM
...Is there anyone that would like to build a pulse motor like no other ?-the way a pulse motor should be built, meaning-very unconventional....
Hi tinman. I'm very interested in your design and in building one. I watched the two videos you posted and it looks great to say the least. Looks like you are getting twice to three times the output torque and you aren't even yet using the recycled power from the collapsing electromagnet yet which you explain has unique things going on in your setup.

Only major issue with me joining the build is that I'm a super newb to say the least at what you are doing. I've only built some RC airplanes, used a scope over 10 years ago to read RC channels and that's about it. Never built a pulse motor or used transistors before. So unfortunately I would have a lot of newb questions if I joined the build which may pollute your thread. If you think it's best I sit this one out, that's ok as I hope to learn from what takes place in your build thread.

Here's an example of how newb my questions would be. I've never had an adjustable DC power source for doing this type of work so would the attached image work? It's 30V 10A for 64$. Amazon also has one that is 20A but it's 200$ which I could get if needed. Trying to keep costs down below 1k for this build if possible, until I get another job.

tinman

Quote from: MagnaProp on August 31, 2023, 06:11:27 AM
Hi tinman. I'm very interested in your design and in building one. I watched the two videos you posted and it looks great to say the least. Looks like you are getting twice to three times the output torque and you aren't even yet using the recycled power from the collapsing electromagnet yet which you explain has unique things going on in your setup.

Only major issue with me joining the build is that I'm a super newb to say the least at what you are doing. I've only built some RC airplanes, used a scope over 10 years ago to read RC channels and that's about it. Never built a pulse motor or used transistors before. So unfortunately I would have a lot of newb questions if I joined the build which may pollute your thread. If you think it's best I sit this one out, that's ok as I hope to learn from what takes place in your build thread.

Here's an example of how newb my questions would be. I've never had an adjustable DC power source for doing this type of work so would the attached image work? It's 30V 10A for 64$. Amazon also has one that is 20A but it's 200$ which I could get if needed. Trying to keep costs down below 1k for this build if possible, until I get another job.

Hi MagnaProp.

First up, that is a great power supply for the price, and would suit your needs.
I have one that is only 5amps max output, and it has done me over the years.
We are working with quite small amounts of power with these pulse motors.

Second-- There is no problem at all with you joining in on the build, as there are many people that can help you out along the way.
When i started 20 odd years ago, i didn't even know what a transistor was lol.

Third--you are not going to need any where near 1k for this build.
I would be surprised if you used more than $50.00, as most of the stuff can be had from scrap.

So yes, please join in, and learn as we go.

tinman

Here is an earlier video of the first test rig.

The later model we will be building is far les complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQtJTodw3QQ

floodrod

3d printer is cooking away..  Printing out the torque plate holders now.  Using what I got on hand.. 

Don't think I can bend the torque plate metal with my skills. 

Tinman- do you think the torque plates could be made with iron powder and epoxy in a 3d printed mold?  so they can be meticulously designed to be rounded and sized exactly with the curvature of the rotor ?  And maybe cut down on those darn eddys.

I don't want to deviate too far away from your original design- so I wanted to ask also about torque plate width in respect to magnet face width and curvature.

Thanks