Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse Motors- Your building them wrong.

Started by tinman, August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramset

Just a note to Tinman ( I see it's almost 3 AM in OZ as I type)
Stefan is sorting an admin issue ATM
Hopefully this board will be set by the time the sun rises in OZ
Please remove this message once it's set up

With gratitude
Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

tinman

Quote from: floodrod on August 31, 2023, 11:20:37 AM
3d printer is cooking away..  Printing out the torque plate holders now.  Using what I got on hand.. 

Don't think I can bend the torque plate metal with my skills. 

Tinman- do you think the torque plates could be made with iron powder and epoxy in a 3d printed mold?  so they can be meticulously designed to be rounded and sized exactly with the curvature of the rotor ?  And maybe cut down on those darn eddys.

I don't want to deviate too far away from your original design- so I wanted to ask also about torque plate width in respect to magnet face width and curvature.

Thanks

Floodrod.

I don't think your printed flywheel will do the job.
You need a good solid steel flywheel, as there will be quite a bit of force on the torque plates.
You could give it a try, but you will need a larger gap between the magnet and torque plates, and between the coil and torque plates.

Regarding your torque plates and magnets.
This is the very reason i stated in the first post that you will need to set up a test bed, so as you can work out which width and thickness best suits your magnets.

I will be doing videos as we go, to show you how to do all this.
The testing of different torque plates will take you some time, but it needs to be done to achieve the best results.

Added- how are those magnets orientated ?
They need to be north one end, and south the other.
I believe those ones you have are probably magnetised on each long face, which will make them far to large for what you need.
Do you have any 10-15mm round cylinder magnets ?

Brad

floodrod

Thanks Brad.  The magnets are North / South on the ends.  And a test bed will be built and used.  Just starting with what I have on-hand to get some data and a feel for they system.  Then I can test, replace, tweak, change, and optimize.

tinman

Quote from: floodrod on August 31, 2023, 08:12:36 PM
Thanks Brad.  The magnets are North / South on the ends.  And a test bed will be built and used.  Just starting with what I have on-hand to get some data and a feel for they system.  Then I can test, replace, tweak, change, and optimize.

Ah, the magnets will be ok then.
The plastic flywheel may be ok as a test bed setup, so as you can get a feel of how this motor works.
Those two angled plates you have will work in the test bed setup.
You can use just about any metal for the torque plates.
I just use mild steel, from say like steel tube/pipe.
You just cut long strips out of the pipe, and hammer flat until the curve suits your flywheel.

floodrod

Ok thanks.

I get these 3d printed rotors moving 3500 RPM with 4 of those 50mm magnets on it. They are heavy infill and pretty thick.

If I got to replace it, I will.  But it makes easy testing because I can swap out torque plate brackets easily.

here it is with those bars cut / mounted / and spinning  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ9tGzauVRg