Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The storage thread

Started by joe dirt, May 02, 2007, 09:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe dirt

Edit: this thread will be used primarily as a dropbox of ideas and 3d models of those ideas  :)
        will be cleaning it up to make it easier to follow and as more info comes about.

I,m not sure if this has been done yet, so I,m putting it up on the board.
   The prime mover (in the middle) is the P.F.T. from jln labs,  here,s the link

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/pftm2.htm

Attached to the ends are Faraday disks (homopolar generators) I thought the concept
   is worth investigating 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homopolar_generator

Dirt

P.S. you need the program "openfx" to view the 3d model,  the zip was archived with
      7zip.

joe dirt

Hello all

The reason why I thought this could work, is that a Faraday disk has little or no
   back torque from what I understand,  could be wrong though,  and the P.F.T. has
   little current draw (according to the tests at J.L.N.)

Dirt

Low-Q

Quote from: joe dirt on May 09, 2007, 01:10:28 AM
Hello all

The reason why I thought this could work, is that a Faraday disk has little or no
   back torque from what I understand,  could be wrong though,  and the P.F.T. has
   little current draw (according to the tests at J.L.N.)

Dirt
The back torque on a Faraday disc is in fact quite high. Just try to move a strong magnet close to a aluminum plate, and you'll feel the back torque. Try to make a magnet glide down a 45 degree or 90 degree aluminum plate. The magnet will sag quite slowly until it leaves the plate.

Br.

Vidar

joe dirt

The back torque on a Faraday disc is in fact quite high. Just try to move a strong magnet close to a aluminum plate, and you'll feel the back torque. Try to make a magnet glide down a 45 degree or 90 degree aluminum plate. The magnet will sag quite slowly until it leaves the plate.

Br.

Vidar

Hello Low-Q

Thanks for the info, but are you certain the faraday disk operates using the same   
principle mechanics?    This taken from the Wiki:

QuoteLike all dynamos, the Faraday disc converts kinetic energy to electrical energy. However, unlike all other dynamos, this machine cannot be analysed using Faraday's own law of electromagnetic induction. This law (in its modern form) states that an electric current is induced in a closed electrical circuit when the magnetic flux enclosed by the circuit changes (in either magnitude or direction). However, the circuit in the Faraday disc is parallel to the magnetic flux vector and therefore encloses no magnetic flux. Therefore, Faraday's law does not apply to this machine.

Appreciated
Dirt

Gearhead

Faraday disk generators are well known.  They power rail guns, atom smashers, and various welders etc.  If they had no back torque someone would have noticed.  There was a lot of discussion and misinformation about homo polar generators in the past.  Some of the atom smasher type generators put out in the neighborhood of  700,000 amps at 8-12 volts.