Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

super-neo-techno-wigwams

Started by xenobard, May 27, 2007, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingus Mungus

Quote from: prajna on May 31, 2007, 03:33:50 AM
@Dingus: Mixing lime and hemp creates an ecological type of concrete that sequesters CO2. It is a far more efficient way of fixing carbon than planting trees. Not so far removed from mud and sticks, really.

Thats amazing! Yet another good use for hemp...
Now that compounted by the low heat conductivity
makes that a great insulator that is next to free,
renewable and a negitive carbon emmission on top.
An excelent contibution to this thread!

Engineering press link with data:
http://www.bdonline.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=453&storycode=3086670&c=2
?In the UK typical cavity wall construction could be responsible for 100kg of CO2 equivalent per square metre of wall?, ?With hemcrete, it?s possible to remove 30-50kg of CO2 per square metre.?

I'll be looking in to these products when I build my dream house.

~Dingus

xenobard

"I'm just confused by the idea all together...
What is the advantage or benefit of living in a wig wam? As in How will living in wig wams benefit mankind? Also where is the concept in this idea that improves efficiency or collects power?"

I thought it was obvious:

Human civilization has existed in two forms: nomadic hunter-gather communities and permanent agricultural settlments.

The latter is proving to be unsustainable, and will eventually fall, as all permanent agriculturally-based settlments have fallen.  Hence the nomadic hunter-gather way of life is simply the most sustainable, time-tested, and, in all honesty, is the way of the future.

I am thinking that we shouldn't have to use sticks and mud or hemp and lime to make them though.  The super-neo-techno-wigwams could be mass-produced now, when the population of the earth is still high enough to provide an adequate market for them to be sold.  They could be designed in such a way that they would last, and so when modern civilization does eventually fall and the majority of the population of Earth dies, there will be plenty of super-neo-techno-wigwams lying around for the surviving people to use.

Now, unlike most things that are mass-produced thesedays, these super-neo-techno-wigwams should actually be made to last; they should be colapseable for transportability; because they will be the 'in' thing, there should be a huge demand for them and thus could be sold at a very low price. :P

All we have to figure out is how to incorporate water and sewage and modern appliances into the colapsable and easily transportable super-neo-techno-wigwam.

We should hurry because we all know the world is going to hell in a handbasket and there isn't much time to get this done.  So come on and help save the future of the human race, will you?  Once all the stupid rich people kill themselves off with their wars and diseases they export around the world, the smart poor people could use some modern conveniences in their super-neo-techno-wigwams.

Dingus Mungus

So esentially your concept is really high grade tents with built in amenities?
Like say flexible plastic solar wafers sewn in to the outer walls, or like a built
in filterating water pouch that collects rain water... Expensive stuff my friend!
Go check out REI or Cabellas and you'll see that companies are already doing this.

xenobard

Why aren't any of those tents using solar fabric?  Solar fabric technology was developed two years ago.

http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/news/webpages/USATODAY_com%20-%20Iowa%20company%20develops%20solar%20fabric%20that%20gets%20Army's%20attention.htm

It seems they could easily make tents out of this stuff:

http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/products/consumer_ready/rollables/index.htm

Why haven't they put two and two together?

xenobard

Another article from 2004:

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/000989.html

"Long-term, the idea is to have solar panels that can be camouflaged into tents or even uniforms. So the Army is working with contractors "to develop nanotechnology-based solar panels that can be woven directly into fabric. [The] technology replaces silicon with dye polymer plastics that transform any kind of light into electrical energy," Gartner writes."

Does anyone know what has come of this endeavor?