Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

super-neo-techno-wigwams

Started by xenobard, May 27, 2007, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenobard

I was thinking about how cool it would be to live in a wigwam!  Especially with the hot native girl the pic here:

Now, although the girl is nice enough, the wigwam in the pic isn't exactly what i had in mind.  See, I've sort of grown too accustomed to all the modern conveiniences of modern living.  And so I'm thinking it would be cool to combine a bunch of these geek-contraptions and apparatii with the  wigwam idea and create a wigwam on steroids: super-neo-techno-wigwams with airconditioning, washing machines, refridgerators, washer /  dryers, satelite internet, and every other modern conveinience you could think of and have it all powered by solar panels (the super-neo-techno-wigwam panels) and wind power (we could connect a wind-power generator to the frame), and lastly make it all easily assembled / disassembled and transportable.

What do you all think?

lancaIV

Change the name ,but not the mission, from   www.containerliving.com  to "wigwamliving" ,
think or experiment with modern materials like  www.shelterdomes.co.uk
try Yurts/Ger for the alternative living,
but the easiest way would be an organized  "summer camp",with all the urban,modern, infrastructure equipped with "survival trainees" ! Theory and Practice .

S
  dL

xenobard

interesting are there any ongoing projects of this sort?

lancaIV

Google it,for your region: survival course/trainee
Other,related,themes could be:  Burning Man  and Icosa-Village                           
about "wigwam"-equipment-details: www.geolitesystems.com/hm.html
or www.glen-l.com/campers/glenlrv.html  -trailer-plans

S
  dL

Dingus Mungus

You would really want to look at something a little more modernized like container living, or subterranean shelter. To be frank: mud, sticks, and straw won't be up to builders code these days, and the size/building methods of wigwams is feeble when compared to the long houses or teepees of the plains indians. How would living in wigwams: lower polution, lessen energy consumption, or offer any tangible benefit?