Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla Switch need help

Started by TheOne, September 16, 2007, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerzhDishual

Nolite mittere margaritas ante porcos.

Groundloop

@allcanadian,

I agree with you 100%. Today I got my batch of NiCads and now my Tesla switch is running on four 9,6 volt 700mA battery packs. The circuit is running fine switching at approx. 20 Hz but I got NO usefull output. Only 2,8 Volt. This was enough to lit a ultrabright LED very dim. So I can say that my circuit as it is now is flawed beyond recognition. I will try to do some modifications but all in all it was wasted time and $845 USD. I think the way to go is as you state with both L and C in a circuit.

Groundloop.

nul-points

@allca. Nerzh & Ground

thanks for comments & info - i'll look up your links ND, too, thanks

yes, the inductances have certainly helped (feedforward Xfr & enabling flyback diode action) but oddly i seem to remember that my very first charge anomaly results were obtained with Cct1 before i included a serial coil with the switched cap

anyway, i can confirm that the 'magical' 50% loss of energy is not happening with these circuits - i've been able to drive 24 mW into a resitive load for a power draw on the input caps of 29mW - a fairly respectable COP of 0.83 (83% efficiency)

i know its not out of the ordinary by commercial PSU standards but not bad for a few simple components stuffed in a breadboard (and my first-ever attempt at designing a switched-mode PSU, apparently!) - way better than the 50% limit insisted on by some heavy-duty dudes writing peer-reviewed papers about cap to cap discharge being a dipole aerial and half the energy being 'I^2 * R losses' or 'radiated away'

most significant for me is the 'Conservation of Charge' issue - What conservation?!?

if charge isn't being conserved (as required by Kirchoff & Maxwell) then maybe Energy isn't quite behaving like these guys claimed either!

something is definitely going on in the Physics Department after all the Professors have gone home for the night

Game On!!
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

NerzhDishual

Hi Nul-Points

We are on the same page. Sorry for repeating myself, but  did you check this link: http://freenrg.info/Condos/ ?
(This page is not still updated).

Actually, according to very simple experiments, I 'lost' nothing when discharging
a filled cap into an empty one.  That is also:
Quote from: nul-points on March 30, 2008, 05:30:44 PM
.......better than the 50% limit insisted on by some heavy-duty dudes writing peer-reviewed
papers about cap to cap discharge being a dipole aerial and half the energy being 'I^2 * R losses' or 'radiated away'
Is it not?

Best
Nolite mittere margaritas ante porcos.

nul-points

@Nerzh D
same page definitely!

yes, i've just checked your links and that is one cool rig!

you could lose my breadboard setup inside one of those caps!!!

you're right about neither of us having 'lost' in our experiments - but only as far as charge is concerned:

my test started with 2 Coulomb (C) of charge and ended with 2.9C - a 45% charge gain ...BUT...

started with 6 Joules (J) of energy and ended with 3.215J - a 46% energy loss!

and your test started with approx 2.6C and ended with 3.3C - a 27% charge gain ...BUT...

started with 33.8J of energy and ended with 28.4J - a 16% energy loss

so we're both seeing anomalous charge enter our circuit from somewhere but in both our tests we've used up a positive amount of energy in charging the second cap from the first

at the moment, the anomaly which appears to conflict with conventional circuit theory is that both our experiments have violated the "conservation of charge" rule - pretty impressive in my view

...and if that's true, that means that Kirchoff & Maxwell owe us a beer!!   ;)
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra