Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

TPU - General Discussion

Started by z_p_e, October 01, 2007, 11:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEP

@Earl

@ALL

This may be of interest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_array

I repeated my earlier experiment that produced very low frequency from a much higher single frequency. I was able to make adjustments that brought the unexpected pulse down to an easy 1 (one) Hertz. Then I blew another precious 2N3055  :o

Core = a loose bundle of iron rods actual size about 16 ga.
jammed into two coils of wire (plastic spools)
A very basic feedback oscillator. Scope frequency drifted around 2.5 kHz
I changed the spacing between the coils for maximum 'thump' on the bench and then adjusted base voltage.

Changing base voltage (also current through the collector coil) changed the frequency of the thump.

My mistake in not understanding why the low freek was because I was still thinking electrons instead of sounds and vibrations.

Regardless, obtaining very low frequencies (very strong ones also) from higher frequencies that have little harmonics or noise happens very well this way.

tao

Quote from: BEP on October 06, 2007, 12:41:18 AM
@Earl

@ALL

This may be of interest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_array

I repeated my earlier experiment that produced very low frequency from a much higher single frequency. I was able to make adjustments that brought the unexpected pulse down to an easy 1 (one) Hertz. Then I blew another precious 2N3055  :o

Core = a loose bundle of iron rods actual size about 16 ga.
jammed into two coils of wire (plastic spools)
A very basic feedback oscillator. Scope frequency drifted around 2.5 kHz
I changed the spacing between the coils for maximum 'thump' on the bench and then adjusted base voltage.

Changing base voltage (also current through the collector coil) changed the frequency of the thump.

My mistake in not understanding why the low freek was because I was still thinking electrons instead of sounds and vibrations.

Regardless, obtaining very low frequencies (very strong ones also) from higher frequencies that have little harmonics or noise happens very well this way.

Where did you source your iron rods from, are they pure iron?

Am I to take it that you feedback power through your simple oscillator and your 2n3055 blew? Or did it blow simply because of too much driving power? :)

How strong were those 1 Hz thumps? Just wondering...

I must say, the parametric array, and even more so, a simple ring formed of iron wire with driving coil(s) around it, driving a lower frequency 'longitudinal' 'sound/vibration' through the iron ring and at key successive moments when the LAST sound/vibration made its way back to its starting point, another was generated/driven into the iron so that these longitudinal sounds/vibrations ADDED, certainly would seem to related directly to our old friend the Hungarian: http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,3068.0.html

I can definitely see how the TPUs vibrate, heh. Add the Hungarian into the mix, and you EASILY have a recipe for an 'explosive' environment :P

Esa Maunu

Quote from: Mannix on October 05, 2007, 10:28:39 PM
Esa,

That was the only reference to the importance of the meduim of air and it was in reply to alternate cooling methods that were discussed. I suggested using teflon hollow tube with refrigerant gas as a cooling method and it was agreed that it could be a good solution that was not yet explored.

It does suggest that during full operation the control coils may be  vibrating back and forth on the collector.

wether it is 7.3 ,5000,or 35,000 who knows?  They get hot..and NOT as a by product of current drawn...counter intuitive ...I Know !

I have always been convinced that it is the tpu config which is the "active" component.
Smashing slow dirty pulses of random spectrum square waves will just create noise.

Sine...or perhaps a ramp signal (as in tv scan coils) (as in a discharging cap) can be the only method  of  excitation as far as I can see. and i wont mention the devices that must be used to experiment with here.

Lindsay

Lindsay,

I am working with a water heater, it is a magnetostrictive device, iron core with helical coil around the core, immersed into water and driven with sharp current pulses. COP is measured to be around 6.0
It is interesting that TPU also generated a lot of heat.
Also you mentioned that the control wires are vibrating, it means that control wires are moving..if you have a moving magnetic field around a conducting wire loop ( collector ) , it induces a voltage to this loop..  Magnetostrictive force is very strong, and is caused when crystalline structure is expanded under magnetic field. It is known that magnetostrictive force is very effective, but the problem is how to put this force to useful work. Maybe a moving wire is one way to have energy from this force.

Esa

acerzw

OOPS.... I was not aware of this comment:

32. The "TPU" units apparently heat up to a potentially dangerous level after a considerable period of time, and must be shut off at that point.

Which when taken with the fact that the TPU did not work in bath, make it seem highly likely that the TPU will not operate reliably for an extended period of time and therefore is not likely to be able to be used as a continuous power generation device.

If this problem cannot be overcome then the value of the TPU will be severely diminished when compared to other OU devices...

SM seems to imply that the vibration and gyroscopics effect are a necessary side effect of a properly working TPU, if this is the case this heat and vibration will indeed cause the material of the TPU coil to degrade over time and fail....

This is not a good development...

Really hope this can be overcome, though I have my doubts... otherwise a serious waste of effort by many, but probably enough learnt here for many to produce viable OU devices that do not rely on this particular destructive effect...

Does anyone know what the maximum running time for the various size TPU's were before catastrophic failure was likely to occur/did occur?

Acerzw, hoping this is a pessimistic post which is not true...
In a Holographic Multiverse everything is smoke and mirrors!
What is Reality? Improve yours: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3454.0;attach=13459
A shorter version for the very open-minded: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3454.0;attach=13866