Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfrunning cold electricity circuit from Dr.Stiffler

Started by hartiberlin, October 11, 2007, 05:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki67671

Well......it doesn't look like my components will get delivered until Tuesday or so but here is a shot, I know its fuzzy, of the exciter and LITZ wire secondary. I secured an old thermos cooler and will begin setting up my calorimeter and winding various secondaries this weekend.

Best regards,

JIM
"When the water stinks, I break the dam, with Love I break it" .............Loki

"One must be completely immersed in the cold darkness to truly adore or loathe the light" .............Loki

Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." - Jules Verne

DrStiffler

Quote from: Loki67671 on February 15, 2008, 06:51:33 AM
Well......it doesn't look like my components will get delivered until Tuesday or so but here is a shot, I know its fuzzy, of the exciter and LITZ wire secondary. I secured an old thermos cooler and will begin setting up my calorimeter and winding various secondaries this weekend.

Best regards,

JIM
You did ask and I must not have answered, 'Did I recommend a data capture unit'? Well as you must know, there are many out there, yet for a 12 bit accuracy and multi functional unit that is external and USB coupled, I like the LabJack U12. It can take some time to calibrate, but you need not do it often. There are PCI boards etc., but I like the USB approach for attachments. The LabJack is good enough for general lab work and we use a number of them.

I have a Excel spreadsheet that was setup just for Sec and a special VB program that runs with the LabJack for data capture during calorimetry runs. We can maybe use or reprogram to help you during tests. It records Vs, Is, Ta, Tc, and Tw. 
All things are possible but some are impractical.

Loki67671

Wow! LabJack has the goodies! Nice. I have some surplus DGH modules, RS485, individually addressable but the LJ offering is really cool. Automation of whatever you can imagine for well under a grand is an excellent use of technology I would say. Doc, if your offering to let me use software for automating the experiment I'll be glad to oblige, thank you. I'm just waiting on the UPS man,  ;D

JIM
"When the water stinks, I break the dam, with Love I break it" .............Loki

"One must be completely immersed in the cold darkness to truly adore or loathe the light" .............Loki

Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." - Jules Verne

Loki67671

All,
Here is a shot of the 1st board with the exciter and secondary in micarta standoffs and the proposed changes to comply with Dr Stiffler's observations and comments. A second driver board is also being lay-ed out and will be assembled once the new components arrive via UPS. I will also likely trim the micarta standoffs down quite a bit when I can hit the bandsaw and drill press.

@Dr. Stiffler,
Please review and comment at your convenience if you would be so kind. I managed to come damned close to the 2uH -> 10uH for the new oscillator. 2.4uH -> 9.35uH   :-[    In the photo I have outlined the proposed build area for the AV plugs and probably several different loads for experimentation. The new board will be built once and when satisfactory low level testing passes and will be used for the calorimetry runs. The DAQ's I'm using are 15 bit with a resolution of 0.02% FS, 1 channel differential analog input, with programmable large and small signal filtering plus a definable transfer function filter. I'm going to attempt differential temp measurements along with absolute temperature measurements but I want to make sure that at absolute minimum I am gathering data that is equivalent to or as close to the same manner as you are. So we must discuss the test plan and data format at some point.

My temperature sensors will be based from the National-Semiconductor data sheet for the LM335AZ and I have attached a snapshot copy of those for additional review. All in all we are moving fairly well given the massive research grants we get from the NSF and Dept. of Energy..............Not!!!  :o :o  ;D

Best regards,

JIM

Loki67671

Dr. Stiffler,
In the effort to reduce stray C, have you also shortened the LITZ secondary leads? I'm considering cutting the micarta down to much smaller footprint and mounting to the PCB between the oscillator and AV development area. Comments?

JIM