Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I am a sceptic, but maybe more hope here

Started by Low-Q, October 15, 2007, 10:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Have you all discovered that if you have two very long magnets, where you have a long north and south pole, there is almost no repulsion or attraction between them if you cross them like an "X" ?
What if it was possible to make a device that made them approach each other in that position (Remember almost no repulsion), and gradually slide both magnets out 90 degrees from each other so they at the end shaped a "<" or "V". Say that equal poles are facing each other. The idea is that the magnets are not meeting much repulsion in X configuration, and when the magnets are 1cm apart the direction of one magnet is moving along the other magnet making a "T", but as the magnets glides apart in 90 degrees, there is much repulsion. Well, this became complicated...

Do this make any hope to you guys?

Br.

Vidar

gyulasun

Hi Vidar,

Yes, what you describe makes sense but the mechanical setup to achieve the 90 degree turn may become cumbersome...

At another thread pese referred to some patent collection and I found patent US2976478 where a variable permeabilty magnetic circuit is built using two long rod magnets and utilizing just their center (Bloch wall) where repel/attract forces very weak indeed, (I mean Fig.5). Though you have not meant such setup above, I still see your thoughts good to do about something at the center of long magnets and worth elaborating on it further.  A link to the patent: http://www.google.com/patents?id=4pBZAAAAEBAJ&dq=2976478

rgds
Gyula

Bulbz

Quote from: Low-Q on October 15, 2007, 10:08:09 AM
Have you all discovered that if you have two very long magnets, where you have a long north and south pole, there is almost no repulsion or attraction between them if you cross them like an "X" ?
What if it was possible to make a device that made them approach each other in that position (Remember almost no repulsion), and gradually slide both magnets out 90 degrees from each other so they at the end shaped a "<" or "V". Say that equal poles are facing each other. The idea is that the magnets are not meeting much repulsion in X configuration, and when the magnets are 1cm apart the direction of one magnet is moving along the other magnet making a "T", but as the magnets glides apart in 90 degrees, there is much repulsion. Well, this became complicated...

Do this make any hope to you guys?

Br.

Vidar

I also discovered the same thing about a year ago, but I never posted the finding on here because I thought that everybody on here already knew about it.

Now that you have shone some light on the subject, maybe new ideas might come to light.  8)
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

psychopath

I have two long bar magnets in my hands right now, with their north and south poles marked, and they always have attraction no matter how I bring them together.

But the attraction does seem a little weaker when I do it the way you described. I think this is worth some experimenting.

Low-Q

My long neo-magnets are 70mm x 5mm x 5mm polarized in the short axis, not along the length of them. Even two equal poles facing, will attract eachother if they come close enough - placed 90 degrees.

This means one thing:

Magnetic lines which is facing each other directly like this "  -> <-  " or like this " <-  <-  " does not repel or attract eachother. To achieve most repel or attraction the lines must face each other in parallell like this "  =  " or "  ||  ". In a very long magnet which is polarized in the short axis, the magnetic lines in the middle is allmost leaving the magnet in 90 degrees. Therefor there is very weak forces between the magnets right there - where the magnetic lines are also least densed. The goal must be how to utilize these properties to make a permanent magnet motor. I do not have the solution, but maybe some ideas will come up soon.

Br.

Vidar