Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Here it is, Bessler's 12 ft wheel

Started by AB Hammer, October 20, 2007, 07:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletcher

@ Hans .. Thanks Hans for the background - yes I see where you are coming from.

I think you would find that the Bessler community is classed/classes itself as 'cranks' - that's a mantle we accept cheerfully - just like here, we push the boundary's of reason & understanding & often away from where classical education would point us.

Having said that, the forum is focused on solving the mystery of Bessler?s wheels & duplicating his feats, by whatever means ? it is split between advocates of fundamentalist gravity powered wheels; skeptics, who in the main try to project objectivity & rationality; & a small sub group who think he was not a scam artist but by the same token can't bring themselves to accept a gravity only source of energy solution for his wheels, that somehow broke the CoAM laws & the conservative nature of gravity [that?s where I sit] - in a nut shell, a group who look for environmental/ambient forces as the source of his much touted Prime Mover - by way of example, thermal gradients, or the way Cox's clock was powered by barometric pressure differences in about 1670, there are other possibilities.

Unfortunately, my Latin form school days is sadly lacking 30 plus years on, however, all of Bessler's publications & Machinen Tractate have been translated into English & we have some very capable people who are able to offer up various credible translations & explore nuances of 300 year old text where the author wasn't particular interested in being clear & concise or overly helpful [engineering, physics & mechanical background a bonus] - a new site will be opening soon to fully explore the translations etc - you might find that interesting ..  johannbessler.com

Also, I have a cobber here in Auckland [we?re also down under] who is German [Rainer - aka 'Tinhead' here on this site] who can read old German & professionally supports & is a whizz on wm2d & solid works cosmos, so that helps a lot with both the language barriers [to only English speakers] & the mechanics of physics discussions he & I have & experiments & builds we undertake from time to time.

I must say that imo although it is 10 times easier to analyze someone else?s concept than your own [where you have an emotional & time investment to contend with] it is far harder to come up with a credible & original idea that can make it past any sort of close scrutiny & analysis in the first place, before it hits cyberspace ? this doesn?t stop me thinking, analyzing others designs & commenting objectively where I can & looking for that elusive ?way out in left field? answer that one day may prove productive in duplicating the performance of Bessler?s wheels & perhaps solving the 'seemingly immutable' dilemma of OU/FE to boot.

You probably noticed I slipped in an advertorial  ;D  but in all seriousness, I think I?ve taken up enough of AB Hammer?s thread space - cheers

longtong3

These links are dead:

Here are two basic drawings on how he would have ot have done it.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/jlindgaard/arm.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/jlindgaard/besslerswheel.jpg
----------------------------------------------------

Are there more drawing of Bessler's wheel some where? So I can educate myself. Give links pls.

---------------------------------------------

Where is discustion topic about Wang Shum Ho Wheel 5 KW generator in this forum ? Link pls.

Thanks all.

Gearhead

Check out BesslerWheel.com   There is about anthing you would want to know about his wheel there except the secret.  There are links to many of Bessler's drawings and comments there.

Koen1

Though it is true that lots of stuff can be found on besslerwheel.com,
I don't consider it very polite to go on another web forum, start a thread, and then
instead of keeping things in the thread, start to tell people they should go visit the
Bessler website and forum...
Of course it is good for people to know where to look for a lot more Bessler
related stuff, but don't you think people that have managed to find this forum
would be able to enter "bessler" in google and find that site themselves?
Shall we stop pointing at besslerwheel.com and keep the discussion in this thread?

That said, there's many ideas on how the bessler wheel may have worked.
One of the best in my opinion is the one P-motion has presented.

@longtong: the entire thing about the bessler wheel is that he did not actually
leave any straightforward design plans or even exact descriptions, on the basis
of which one could actually replicate his wheel. He tried to sell his energy solution
in his day, but nobody bought the thing, as far as I know. He did pusblish a manuscript
under the name Orffyrius (code), and he did leave a few intriguing remarks in there,
and there are a few witness testimonies and things bessler is supposed to have said
in relation to the wheel. Another work of bessler was his collection of various designs,
which are basically just scetches of different geometrical arrangements of wheels, levers,
and weights. This was clearly part of the research and puzzling that finally led to the
idea of the wheel as he finally made it.
There are no exact descriptions of his wheel that show how it works or was constructed.
We just don't know.
That's part of the romance of the Bessler wheel: it's a kind of "lost treasure" type thing. ;)

P-motions idea is a very nice one, but who knows if that is really how bessler did it way back then?

longtong3

@Koen1. Did anyone see Bessler's wheel was working? If it did working, it's good to find the "lost treasure". If not, we just move on with "our" wheel or "self" wheel then.