Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

sailboat generator

Started by sparks, November 03, 2007, 06:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

How about putting together a fleet of specialized sailboats that work the tradewinds. These sailboats, able to capture thousands of horsepower from a 20knot wind, hydrolize seawater and compress and store liquified hydrogen.  Once full, sail into port off load and go get some more.  Right now there is a storm over new england and this baby is generating enough wind energy to power the region for the next year.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

ken_nyus

Kind of like going out to fish for energy, filling up your cargo hold, and coming back into to market to unload.

hansvonlieven

G'day all,

Can someone explain to me how these sailboats are supposed to harness wind power. On a sailboat moving with a 20 knot wind there is NO WIND! The boat is moving at wind-speed, the air on the boat itself is perfectly still.

You can only harness wind with a boat for power generation if you put the boat at anchor. Land is much better for this sort of thing, it is more stable.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

gaby de wilde

Quote from: hansvonlieven on November 16, 2007, 04:13:09 PMCan someone explain to me how these sailboats are supposed to harness wind power. On a sailboat moving with a 20 knot wind there is NO WIND! The boat is moving at wind-speed, the air on the boat itself is perfectly still.

Now you make me giggle Hans. How could you say something like that? No boat ever moves at wind speed man. LOL! You are joking right? .... pfff I guess not! haha

It reminds me of that time I tried to have a discussion in a sailing newsgroup about sail cars and sail trains. The sailors insisted the wind had to come from straight ahead making the train unworkable in their opinion. ROFL talk about being uninspired??? WTF?? Those where sailors for crying out loud. I'm still recovering from the shock...

The reality is that you can even sail directly upwind.  That would be the only angle where the boat goes slower as the wind. lol
blog  | papers | tech | inventors  | video

erickdt

I think this is a great idea. Put wind turbines on a barge if you want to.