Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Tesla Project

Started by allcanadian, January 22, 2008, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyulasun

Quote from: Grumpy on September 13, 2008, 01:59:39 PM

No, thats (4 x 104) squared.  He does not say how 10 watts and 40,000 volts equates to this equation.

Hi Grumpy,

I attached a copy of some part of page 66 from CSN where Tesla used voltage squared times frequency for estimating the power taken out from a capacitor so I guess the result of 40,0002 x 200,000 should give the rough approximation for the power taken out from a capacitor at the 100,000Hz frequency rate.  (In the example of that page Tesla used 300 as the frequency multiplier for 150 cycles/seconds in the equation, this is why I wrote 200,000 instead of the 100,000Hz)

I think from the 10W he mentioned as the initially stored energy in his capacitor (and in fact it is 10J or 10Ws), and the 40,000V we can calculate the value of the that capacitor, this comes out as 12.5nF.  Now if we substitute this into the right hand side of his equation, we get 2,000,000 W. This amount of power could come out for a time duration of 1/100000 sec from this 12.5nF capacitor which initially stored 10J energy in the form of 40,000V and we suddenly discharged it for that tiny time duration.

Hope I did not make mistakes... :)

Member Sparks also wrote about the voltage squared frequency and I can only agree with him.

EDIT  I think I would rather use 100,000 for the frequency instead of the 200,000 in the equation. Then the received output from the 12.5nF capacitor is 1,000,000 W during the 1/100000 sec time duration. This way the initial 10Ws stored in the cap can remain valid.

rgds,  Gyula

sparks

gyulason,

Tesla state that there is horsepower gain.  The discharge of the capacitor is done so that there is an oscillation of energy.  Each oscillation resulting in the charge and discharge of the capacitor.  How he measured this horsepower is somewhat of a mystery.  Perhaps a high frequency transformer in the lines between the cap and the short bar.  The primary in series with the tank and the secondary driving a secondary load?
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

gyulasun

Hi Sparks,

I apologize but would you show me a link or refer to a text where Tesla states horsepower gain? I mainly agree with what you mentioning but I cannot grasp where a gain could come from.

Thanks,  Gyula

clone477

I had a question about this...
I always was under the impression that when the primary capacitor was charged, and the cvontroller closes, the circuit becomes a parellel tank circuit between the primary of the transformer and the primary cap.  Thats why I could never understand how this would make a effiecent motor.  But when you say it is a series LC circuit it then makes perfect sense how it would work.  It looks like to me that this can be either a parellel or series LC circuit.  Series being most benificial to us.  Does the series circuit take over instead of the parellel circuit??  This is the last part that is really confusing me.  Thanks guys

Quote from: Erfinder on March 01, 2008, 05:16:27 AM
Have another look, and then another, and another.....The fly back as you call it does not go through the controller to the capacitor!  This is impossible!  The controller closes and current from the source is supplied to the circuits of high self-induction, and low self-induction.  The switch then opens, and the current supplying the motor (high self-induction circuit) is interrupted, this causes the motor coils to produce the discharge current (fly back also known as inductive kick), let us not forget the switch is open, and as such the developed discharge current cannot flow through the controller, as in this instant the controller is not offering a conductive path! 

Coils D, and F of motor C are connected in series with primary M via brush G of circuit controller H.  Primary M is connected in series with one leg of capacitor L.  What we have here is a series resonant circuit, where the large inductance and the capacitor are the main components and the primary is a very small addition to the circuits resistance.  This is the discharge path! In truth when the field of the high self-induction circuit collapses, the potential of the primary, and capacitor are raised at the same time as the motor coils are raised,  owing to their relation to the high self-induction circuit!   

There is much more to it then that, however that is the general idea.  The secondary, is the gateway into the working circuit!  From the secondary on we are dealing with a different quality of electricity, from this point on resonance truly is king, from this point on one must comprehend the role of self-inductance, and understand how and why it is at times needed, and at others not wanted in the circuit.  Some would say that I am not qualified to make such statements, I only have one thing to say to those individuals... :-*...

The capacitor connected to the secondary is not just any old capacitor, it is selected specifically for its ability to cancel the self-induction of the secondary.  With self-induction out of the way the only opposition to current flow is ohmic resistance!  This capacitor is charged and discharged abruptly into the primary of a second transformer, the load is connected to this transformers secondary.

Its all in the patents friends!  Review them.  Know them!

Regards

wattsup

@all

If there are any coil freaks out there, check out this ebay seller's store.

http://showcase.inkfrog.com/wowsurplus/?page=5&type=0&from=ebay&search_param=&search_key=&page=0

I just bought a nice dc pulse generator and am  looking to buy a second one. Some can go as really high in the mhz.