Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Shake-em-up flashlight generator

Started by Formula1, March 07, 2008, 03:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-R

Quote from: hartiberlin on March 10, 2008, 03:38:53 PM
I recently also bought such a shake-it-up  flashlight in a 1 Euro Store where they did have this as a special offer
and some were already broken and I got these even cheaper and I dissassembled one and was amazed,
that it had 2 button cells batteries in them....
Regards, Stefan.
Yes, I bought one of these. I think they were 2032 battys, and I presumed that they were
rechargeable. The device worked well.
But there was a strange square black component which I could not understand; about
a 0.25 inch cube.
Any idea what it could be? Is it crucial?
Paul.

Formula1

Quote from: nightlife on March 14, 2008, 03:09:50 AM
huhh, mine did not have any battery's. It did however have a capacitor.

Thats just for storing the energy your generate....
-Otherwise it would only work while spinning it.....

At least from what I understand

hartiberlin

Quote from: hartiberlin on March 14, 2008, 11:02:05 AM
Quote from: huhh on March 14, 2008, 02:40:13 AM

So it probably was a cheap ripp-off, cause it still used these button batteries#
when I thought it would contain just a magnet and a coil...

No.. your not crazy Stefan..lol

Instead of shake-lights...Be-ware of Fake-lights..

Yup there's some rip-o f f shake flashlights out there !.... I got a shake flash light and it was totally fake.
(1) The coil was connected to nothing...the magnet was no magnet.. just a cylinder piece of metal...one resister, no diodes...
It was nothing more than two round flat batteries ran through a switch to the l.e.d. ....lol

(2) Another light I got that was fake.. Had a hand trigger type lever..which spun a motor inside for charging.
Like this one: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=241145&image=48837432&images=48837432,48837438,83574396&formats=0,0,0&format=0
and Again.. contained two batteries, ,a resister, a switch , and two l.e.d.'s... no diodes.
Although, This one did actually have the coil connected to the led's which would light up when you gave it a crank.
but of course, contained no rechargeable batteries. nor wired up to even charge a battery...
Actually works good after you add a re-chargeable battery and wire it up.  lol

So both of those flashlights contained two round 3Volt batteries.
Equaling 6volts. which will power the l.e.d. plenty long enough until you loose the flash light.
and the average joe is the none the wiser. and still thinks the cranking and shaking is charging up his flashlight.

Look at your shake light.. I bet it has two round 3v NON rechargeable batteries. They All do!  L-O-L

Damn,
you are totally right,
mine contained also the 2 pieces of round 3 Volts Lithium button cells.
But I also had a coil and some electronics board in there...

Why do they do this ?
Is it cheaper to produce than using a neodym magnet and some diodes and
a supercap to store the charge ???

I did not use the flashlight much yet, but if there is an emergency and you need
it for longer time to be on, that really would piss me off,
if the batteries will go flat then...

But wait, once I use one on a vacation trip and we had one on for almost one
whole night in a dark room as a nightlight and I already wondered, why it can stay on longer
than 30 minutes, although they are supposed to only have supercaps...
so it is clear these were powered by batteries.
The next morning the light was almost out and with shaking and resting for a few
hours I could recharge a bit the battery cells...

I will look then again for some original shake flashlights to buy..
How can you see from the outside, if these are really the ones,
that have no batteries inside ?
Maybe test them with an external magnet for repulsion of the
internal magnet ?

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Formula1

Quote from: Paul-R on March 14, 2008, 10:55:13 AM
Yes, I bought one of these. I think they were 2032 battys, and I presumed that they were
But there was a strange square black component which I could not understand; about
a 0.25 inch cube.
Any idea what it could be? Is it crucial?
Paul.

Is it hooked up to the Generator directly?
if so, its most likely the rectifier... since the generators work in both directions, the circuit wouldn't work out in terms of saving the power through a capacitor that usually needs a defnite + and -...
-It will make either current direction have a definite + or -

another way of saying this is, turning AC into DC

hartiberlin

Quote from: Paul-R on March 14, 2008, 10:55:13 AM

Hmm, are there any lithium or other button cells out there that are rechargable ?
I though these button cells  are only once usable disposable batteries ( no accumulators) ??!
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum