Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My totally Baked IDEA

Started by bigfatpothead, March 14, 2008, 03:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z.monkey

OK on the HHO stuff. did you see the part about the rail gun driver?
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

nightlife

FatBird, fastening a magnet to a piston is not a hard thing to do nor is balancing it. As far as clearance, it depends on the motor and the placement of the magnet and it can still be done regardless if it is a zero clearance design or not.

bigfatpothead

Thanks for the observations, but you have missed some important points.

1. there is no compression, the cylinder head is gone.
2. The magnet can be epoxyed to the piston.
3. we do away with thing like : Oil pump, water pump, and fuel.
4. the electromagnetic will always be pushing the static magnet away.
5 as far as magnet strength, that is my only setback, with the info on the magnetic rail gun, I have a renewed vigor on the fact that it will work.
I need to find out how to wind a magnet that will have the largest field when energized.

Quote from: FatBird on March 16, 2008, 04:54:08 PM

Sorry, but I see 5 problems.

1.  How are you going to fasten the magnet to the aluminum piston?  If you say a bolt, then how can you drill a hole in the magnet?  Magnets are extremely hard material.  If you try to glue it on, it will fall off because of the stresses occuring during piston reversals.

2.  How are you going to seal the bolt hole in the piston so high pressure gasses don't slip through the bolt hole?

3.  If you do fasten a magnet to the piston, now you have a balance problem, as the magnet has changed the piston weight.  The motor will bounce up & down because it is out of balance.

4.  By making room for the magnet height between the magnet & the cylinder head, you are changing the compression ratio from the factory 9:1 to a low of, about, 4:1.  This will GREATLY reduce the power so much the engine will probably barely run.

5.  Even though the magneto has high voltage output, the current is extremely low.  It is so low, that it will not energize an electromagnet, especially one strong enough to pull up - push down the magnet on the piston.

Please excuse me for my negative reply, but I want to save you a lot of time & trouble.  It is a novel idea, but I am sorry that it won't work.  Please keep sharing your ideas though.

z.monkey

Howdy,
In a previous issue of Popular Science there was an article which said that the Navy has plans to propel artillery shells with rail guns.  They said the rail guns could propel an artillery shell like 10 miles.  Is that enough power?
;D
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

bigfatpothead