Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OU.com rules! Stefan is the man.

Started by konduct, March 29, 2008, 07:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Omnibus tends to derail threads, but to me, that is part of the charm of overunity.com.  I am sure that if it is your thread that he derails, you may not think it so charming, so I sympathize. 

He is a unique character, in that he is so gung ho about the SMOT.  This board needs its overunity proponents, or the skeptics like me are likely to take over, and what fun is that? I think overunity.com would lose something if he was not around.

chrisC

Quote from: Cap-Z-ro on March 30, 2008, 03:33:28 PM

A lot can be learned from the method used by Lawrence Tseung to diffuse insults...he ignores the insults and simply puts forward his point respectfully.

End result = no dust-ups !

It takes to to make a fight.

Regards...

May seemed the gentleman's way to handle insults but sure does not excuse the stupidity of creating altered egos to argue his hopeless junk science!

cheers
chrisC

oroshay

So, not much going on here then.  ::)

But it was entertaining, and lightened up an otherwise studious and serious forum. I will just pass onto another studious and serious one.

Or perhaps I will come back for another chuckle later when I get fed up with a studious and serious thread that I may be reading.

Perhaps I will try rubbing two magnetic discs together in opposite directions while balancing on one leg. I think that has been done before?

Koen1

I second that.

also, I find it somewhat surprising that Konduct throws such a huge tantrum about
someone else who in his opinion messes up the forum and frustrates the goal of the site,
while I do not see him posting very constructive contributions either...
This thread for example is filled with personal insults toward Stefan, while the actual
quarrel is about Omnibus's behaviour in his own SMOT thread.
Although I disagree with Omnibus's method of defending and claiming proof of his
SMOT beliefs, at least he is clearly convinced that he's on to something and has been
for a long time. I would value his argumentation a lot more when he would actually be
able to show some real supportive proof of his claims, but at least when Omnibus
uses abusive and insulting language it is in direct relation to his claims and the
objections he gets to them, which he plainly does not accept.
Konduct however does not vent his frustration or anger about his own OU idea
of which he is convinced.
He just plainly goes and insults the owner and moderator of this website for
allowing others to behave annoyingly.
That is over the line, in my opinion.
It's like becoming angry at the government for defending your freedom of speech.
Ok, not entirely, but it's close. ;)

As for the Tseung thread; Tseung simply keeps going like there's nothing
wrong, like there are no insults, but unfortunately also like there is no problem
with his theory. Stubborn? Thick skinned? I don't know, but at least he has
a clear OU idea that he is convinced of. I may say a lot about Tseung, but
I do respect the dedication he shows to his theory, even if I do think
he should produce actual proof of his claims.
In that thread I think sarcasm plays a large role as well, and some people
appear to have difficulty grasping that concept so they immediately dub
everything that is slightly disrespectful as "insults", which I feel is often not
really the case. Poking fun of someone who has shown to ignore that anyway,
while clearly conveying your doubts of the posed claims, is not the same thing
as shouting personal insults like "F*ck you! Go f*ck your mother!". Not at all.

konduct

The entire point of this demonstration is to show how abusive the environment is here and that this administrator allows it. He will tolerate direct irrelevant insults rather than maintain a productive environment for which people can utilize toward the common goal.  This is simply a demonstration at my own character's expense. I should be somewhat commended for being the only person with balls enough to help maintain a productive environment, but I fully understand the attacks and was more than prepared for the temporary backlash.  Konduct has plenty of research and ideas that would be wasted if shared with overly oppressive members detracting from their merits.

Thank you for your patience...we will be landing shortly.  ;D