Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Roll on the 20th June

Started by CLaNZeR, April 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purepower

Quote from: ramset on June 12, 2008, 01:31:21 PM
'Problem. We all know the lever is weighed to the extended end to aid the 1.2 kg water'
I  thought the lever weighted to the short end
PS PURE POWER you know this BATMAN GUY Chet

The control rods take it more to the short end, but it is naturally weighted towards the extended end. And given the control rods, the advantage is still given to the extended end. Without the control rods, you would probably be able to lift the drum with no additional weight at all...

I wish, but I dont know him any better than you...

-PurePower

dirt diggler

Quote from: purepower on June 12, 2008, 01:43:46 PM
The control rods take it more to the short end, but it is naturally weighted towards the extended end. And given the control rods, the advantage is still given to the extended end. Without the control rods, you would probably be able to lift the drum with no additional weight at all...

I wish, but I dont know him any better than you...

-PurePower

PurePower, I know you hate to talk about the lever, but if it as you say, and weighted towards the long end, then how is it that in the video, the long end is up, and the short end is down? if the long end is truely heavier, it should be on the ground.
No, really, I love beating my head against this wall.......

MrKai

Quote from: dirt diggler on June 12, 2008, 01:15:39 PM
MrKai:

well of coarse the long end is heavier when the 1KG bottle of water is on it, thats the whole point!!

Dirt...I am not a physicist, so I will attempt to explain it in lay-terms...

He has never once shown this with no weights, sitting level, balanced.

That is because *the longer end is heavier*...even without the bottle. It isn't balanced, so his ratios are not correct.

He keeps stating length ratios as if this directly xlate to "power"...and that would be *fine*...if the lever was *balanced*

Since it is NOT, and *obviously so not* then the stated 5:1, while accurate for the location of the pivot, means nothing in terms of the workload. until it is either balanced, or the weight accounted for, it doesn't matter how many times archer says "5:1","20:1" or anything else...

It just isn't a 5:1 lever :)

http://herebedragonsmovie.com/ - Join the Cult of Reason!

MrKai

Quote from: dirt diggler on June 12, 2008, 01:48:56 PM
PurePower, I know you hate to talk about the lever, but if it as you say, and weighted towards the long end, then how is it that in the video, the long end is up, and the short end is down? if the long end is truely heavier, it should be on the ground.

Because in at least two cases, he has added weight to the short end and is *holding it down*.

Again, we never, ever see this thing without either some weight on the *short end* or it being held.
http://herebedragonsmovie.com/ - Join the Cult of Reason!

sm0ky2

Quote from: dirt diggler on June 12, 2008, 10:54:33 AM
IF Archer balanced his lever, then he wouldn't be able to return to the starting point, why don't you get this?
in the last set of video's it is plain to see that the long end is in the air, which HAS to mean that the short end is heavier. Right?
so, if more weight is added on the short end, that means it is heavier still right?
that means that when he places his 1kg weight on the long end, it should not move, right?
ahhh, but it does move.
so how is it again that you can claim that this lift is flawed?
all the arguments before were that the long end was heavier than the short end, and that was how he was doing the lifts, but now he shows a lift where the short end HAS to be heavier, and you still think there is an imbalance that has helped the lift.
please tell me how this can be.
Archer even goes as far as lifting more than claimed, he says 5kg lift, but as the scale shows, it is more like 5.3KG
so thats even more of a problem for your "unbalanced"  math.

Looking forward to your response.
ciao, Dirt

the "actuall mass" of the short end is heavier when the control rods are in place. But the long end still has 4x more "leveraged mass" - because of its length. the "tensioner" offsets the balance so that the long end is naturally in the up position, until you add weight. - the effect is essentially a multiplier x4 lift, for the lifespan of the tensioner (which may prove to be rather short). The tensioner returns the lever to the "up" position once the imbalance is restored within its limitations. the difference between the two is not very much - once you overpower the spring, it will fall.

hook some rubberbands on your levers (for those of you that made the smaller versions). Then imbalance the lever to just below the breaking-point where the rubber-band barely holds it up. THEN see how much mass you can lift at 5:1 Height ratio.

Ideally: you would set your leveraged-mass at 4:1  and have a rubberband set appropriately.
     [ Hint: the distance from the center of rotation that you attach your rubber-band to the rod: changes the leverage applied TO the rubberband, this helps for adjustments]
Then you would end up with a 20:1 small-scale replication of Archer's lever
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.