Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tubes?

Started by Super God, July 18, 2007, 06:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somamagus

Here is a very interesting video a friend recommended for viewing.

His quote "I could eat this stuff up with a spoon!"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wrzo_fabrication-dune-lampe-triode_tech

All the best

Soma

pauldude000

@all

Two cheap sources for assorted old tubes. TV's...... In junk piles or garage sales..... You can still find them occasionally, and they are CHOCK FULL of oddball tubes. TV's have a large assortment of VHF/UHF tubes. Look for the antique looking TV's with the genuine wood case, and big as a dresser. I used to have a decent sized box full of tubes I scavenged out of only three TV sets. Best thing is you can also scavenge the tube sockets and tube RF shields this way.

Another place to look is antique electronic equipment, and old ham and other radio sets.

Right now, I have a couple of rectifiers that are as antique as you can find... They screw in like a light bulb, and are the size and shape of a large bartlett pear! (massive) Came out of an antique x-ray machine. :D

Paul Andrulis

Finding truth can be compared to panning for gold. It generally entails sifting a huge amount of material for each nugget found. Then checking each nugget found for valuable metal or fool's gold.

BEP

Quote from: somamagus on May 07, 2008, 01:45:12 PM
Here is a very interesting video a friend recommended for viewing.

His quote "I could eat this stuff up with a spoon!"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wrzo_fabrication-dune-lampe-triode_tech

All the best

Soma

Try eating this with a spoon  ;D

http://www.sparkbangbuzz.com/flame-amp/flameamp.htm

orbs

A repost with links made visible.
Quote from: orbs on July 28, 2007, 12:53:08 PM
Looking at the specs, it sounds like the E88CC/6922 dual triode (long-life version of ECC88/6DJ8/6N23P) would probably be a candidate. In particular, it is still being manufactured by JJ Electronic and available for a reasonable price (if you don't need gold pins ;)). The 6922 is also still being manufactured by Sovtek (also for Electro-Harmonix as 6922EH). The PCC88/7DJ8 is the tv version of the ECC88 with 7V (or 300mA if connected in series) instead of 6.3V for heating.

[My idea being that if one already invests a lot of time then why not use a tube manufactured in this century and that has recently passed a functional check, rather than save a bit money (or likely pay even more for an old or NOS tube).]

orbs

A repost with links made visible.
Quote from: orbs on July 29, 2007, 05:23:41 AM
There are two experimenting kits (Franzis Lernpaket R?hrentechnik and Lernpaket R?hrenradios) that include such tubes (the kit creator has even written a book in German about tubes working with 6V-60V). However, they might be slower at these voltages (the speed of the electrons passing from cathode to anode is proportional to the square root of the voltage, so it depends what the distance between cathode and anode of a particular tube is to compare the different voltages).

On a somewhat related note, tubes seem to be more popular again, there are even some valve workshops about them.