Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Hardcastle/Solomon Thermionic Generator

Started by tak22, June 24, 2008, 12:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tak22

This definitely looks worth looking into ...

http://www.thermionicrevolution.com/

By combining rotation and points, we can produce an effective 0.15ev work function.
The drawing shows how these effects can be incorporated in a design. It shows
(in cross section) a red disk spinning on a 240v AC dynamo shaft. Above the disk
is a ring magnet (yellow) which is connected to magnetic iron (grey). At the outer
edge of the disk there is an array of sharp points. The disk gets replacement
electrons via a very sharp (for low loss) secondary needle array (top of orange.)
The dynamo (blue) works initially as a motor to get the disk up to design speed,
then it is a dynamo. As electrons are emitted from the outer surface, a current flows
through the disk. That current passes the magnets and induces a torque in the disk
which then turns the dynamo. Electrons are replaced at the same rate they were
emitted from the disk via the extra sharp secondary needle array (top of orange).
This also transfer some heat. Heat flows to the disk from the upper and lower case.
At a work function of 0.15ev, we do work of 2.4E-20 Joules per emitted electron. At a
n edge speed of 300m/s replacement electrons use 4.1E-26 Joules to get up to edge
speed. The net work available for torque (output) is therefore 2.39E-20 Joules. Allowing
for losses, we estimate output at 3Kw, for a 150cm diameter disk.

tak

tak22

I've invited Paul Solomon to stop by here and give us any insight he's willing to on this,
and I encourage others to go to the Thermionic website and let them know of your interest.

We don't get very many developers publicly saying this:

We, Philip Hardcastle and Paul Solomon, give to the World permission to make
electricity with our device for personal home use free of charge.

We do this - not only because the aim of this project was to help the world - but also
because we feel it would be immoral for us to do otherwise.

tak

AlanA

Is this an idea or do you have a working prototype?
Could you describe the idea behind your invention.
I have no ideo how this works.

AlanA

tak22

Allan,

Sorry, I should have made it clearer in the first post that I was quoting the inventors.
Everything to know about this can be found by reading the website. Here is the base
idea as stated by Paul Solomon:

It was possible to replace temperature difference with acceleration in the thermionic process,
i.e. to trick the metal into acting as if it were several hundred degrees hotter than what it actual was.

tak

z.monkey

Howdy Y'all,

This device looks like a modified Searle Disk Generator.  In principle the Searle Disk uses centrifugal force to sling electrons off the disk.  This creates a voltage between the center of the disk and the periphery.  This also induces a donut, or toroid shaped EM field around the device.  The faster you spin the disk, the greater the voltage and larger the induced EM field.  Dr. Searle had a problem with his disks getting airborne and flying off into space.  Have you guys seen this problem yet?  I am really intrigued with your design.  I think there is great potential in it.  I have tried a Searle Disk once, but it was not nearly sophisticated or balanced as it needed to be to produce the Searle Effect.  Here is a link.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,4135.0.html

I'll get back to that eventually.  Got lots of other projects keeping me busy at the moment.

Good luck with you generator...

Blessed Be Brothers...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!