Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfrunning Waterpump-generator device runs 60 Watts lamp...

Started by hartiberlin, July 16, 2008, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artist_Guy

Quote from: hartiberlin on July 16, 2008, 03:09:31 PM
snip

The only thing, that puzzles
me, why is the lamp going out so fast
at the end, when he removes the plug and
after about 2 seconds the lamp goes out immediately...
Hmm, is this due to the modified generator ?

Shouldn?t the lamp go out more slowly as the generator is
still turning ?

Much as a computer APC kicks in when the line voltage drops a certain level, is it possible that the generator's voltage regulator when sensing voltage dropping below a certain point, kicks out to prevent brownout damage? And the connect to light goes?

That is the one funky aspect of this thing. Too bad the guy didn't say "It's a such and such generator with this kind of mod (as to the rewiring) "

One can re-make all but the generator part easily if they have the spare $400 or so and see how much torque and speed one could -in reality- get from that pump and setup.

Just from a quick look around the web, looks like a Generac? Maybe 10000 watt? (Not 50 years old as one poster said). Pump appears to be a Cal T10000 Torpedo.

rc

Artist_Guy

Quote from: khabe on July 19, 2008, 03:49:12 PM
BLDC motors and generators - my main activities for past ten years. Im building special purpose generators, high efficient as possible, minimized losses using most novel materials ever available - takes lot of time, high precision machinings ... tens of rebuildings ... oh dear whats cost!
And one cowboy, using some plywood, two washing machine wheels, crooked rod as shaft, tanker-spreader submersible water pump and at least 50 years old farm generator ... then wriggling few seconds with cables and  ... getting free energy!
Hmm!
Do you have at least fractional self-criticism?
Regards,
Khabe

You may be right , but if not a hoax, then that sounds like sour grapes. Newbies in any field, not knowing what can't be done, can do both a lot of damage, and a lot of miracles.

That generator does not look 50 years old, looks like a fairly modern home or industrial portable, and the pump is a highly energy efficient fountain pump if my model guess is correct. (Cal Torpedo T10000)

But I wanted to believe in Archer Quinn at first, and I'm still waiting there (and will be and will be I'd have to say), so who knows. Maybe another wild pump chase.

rc

khabe

Quote from: Artist_Guy on July 19, 2008, 05:41:30 PM
Much as a computer APC kicks in when the line voltage drops a certain level, is it possible that the generator's voltage regulator when sensing voltage dropping below a certain point, kicks out to prevent brownout damage? And the connect to light goes?

That is the one funky aspect of this thing. Too bad the guy didn't say "It's a such and such generator with this kind of mod (as to the rewiring) "

One can re-make all but the generator part easily if they have the spare $400 or so and see how much torque and speed one could -in reality- get from that pump and setup.

Just from a quick look around the web, looks like a Generac? Maybe 10000 watt? (Not 50 years old as one poster said). Pump appears to be a Cal T10000 Torpedo.

rc
Hmm? OK - genarator is "military stuff", very secret one and so what? Efficient surelly not higher than 65%. Have you ever tried to spin the shaft of such like generator? Even without any load its not easy at all and you look at large washingmachine pulley, unefficient beltdrive 1:10 or even higher to the gen shaft ... Even when pump "appears to be a Cal T10000 Torpedo" (and so what?) it has less than 30% of efficient. When generator is younger than 50 years then Waterwheel is older than Jesus at that extreme stupidly made. Energy comes from where? From plywood ?
Why most of suchlike videos are done with very weak lightings? No energy? No money to buy more lamps?
khabe

fritz

OK,

lets do some calculations:

(this is referenced by the datasheet of the pump)
1.) 9720GP/h -> 37000 l/h  @ 1600W/h -> 5,76 MJ
Potential Energie achieved by lifting water E=m.g.h = 108kJ
(-> not so much - this can be "collected" on comming down)

2.) Output hose diameter 1 inch = 2,54cm-> cross section 5cm square.
Water length in hose/beam 2m/1 liter.
This means with 37000l/h or 9720 GPH a speed of water beam of 70km/h or
20m/s.
The kinetic energy of the water beam is (m*v^2)/2 = (20*20m/s^2)*3600/2=
14.4MJ

3.) That means we invest 5.76MJ electrical power and get 108kJ of potential energy +
14.4MJ of kinetic energy. -> COP 2.52.
The Lamp takes 216 kJ -> resulting efficiency needed for generator+turbine
-> 40%.

CONCLUSION: (very vague but interesting - est. pump parameters may differ)
Even a turbine/generator setup with 40% efficiency would run forever.

amazing. nice pump.

PS.: Feel free to calculate it yourself - and don?t stick to the parts with coils
inside ;-))). I?ve seen no calculation so far.

Artist_Guy

Quote from: fritz on July 19, 2008, 07:49:20 PM
OK,

lets do some calculations:
snip

Nice.

He says that's 20 gallons in the tank there initially. It runs about 18-20 seconds before it's done actually, not the 5-10 he mentions. The pump test starts at a .18 second mark ends at about the .38-.40 mark.

That comes out to 60 gallons a minute going out, not 160...so things must be working better than that would indicate, or there's a problem?

The big wheel is 18 inches, the small is 4 he says, which means the generator is turning at 4.5 times the waterwheel's speed.

So, whatever speed the wheel is turning, the generator should be doing 4.5 times as fast?

What speed would the waterwheel be turning given that pump's output? I don't get a whole lot of rpm as to that here myself, but maybe I am figuring it wrong.

rc