Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Fueless Friction Heater Manufacturer Found

Started by Cap-Z-ro, August 01, 2008, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mscoffman

@Cap-Z-ro

Hey Cap, any results from this heater yet?  Are you heating the whole house with less than 1 Horsepower input?
Inquiring minds want to know... It's getting along towards winter season.

:S:MarkSCoffman

Pirate88179

Yes, I too would be very interested in an update on this device.  I hope it works as advertised.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Cap-Z-ro

Well...as you all know it I placed my order for a unit late in July...after numerous delays...apparently due to having the metal cut elsewhere, and other excuses.

He and or someone else did the rest of the work on the heater.

I finally received delivery of the heater on September 12th.

Below is my letter advising Mr. Themistokis Liardakis of some minor problems.

Regards...

Hi Themis,

The heater arrived yesterday afternoon.  I immediately noticed the drum would not turn properly.

It seemed the drum was scuffing on the bottom of the outer cylinderâ€Ã,¦which was evident by the scuff marks when I removed the drum.

I noticed that a â€ËÅ"nickel’ had been inserted into the round hole which housed the ring bearingâ€Ã,¦and where the bottom of rotating drum had been ground in obviously efforts to alleviate the scuffing.

There was a noticeable gap where the two ends of the aluminum ring forming the under part of the lid metâ€Ã,¦an attempt had been made to weld the ends together.

Both ends of the ring bent downward and away from the under part of the lid, to which it was rivetedâ€Ã,¦numerous mis-measured holes in around the circumference of the rings were also apparent.

I took the unit to a local machinist for an assessment.

He determined that reason the drum was striking bottom was due to the fact that the bottom as well as the top plates of the drum were both bowed inward causing the outer wall of the drum to make contact with the bottom of the cylinderâ€Ã,¦instead of the center aspect of the drum resting on the bearing mounted on the bottom of the cylinder as intended.

After adding a bushing to raise the bottom of the drum clear from the bottom of the outer cylinder so that the drum would spin freely on the bearing, he placed the lid on, and noted that the upper aspect of the drum was also scraping against the inside aspect of the ring which forms inner aspect of the lid on one side.

This problem was caused by the fact that both the top and bottom bearings were not properly centered in the bottom of the cylinder or the lid of the unit, causing scraping on the one side and a gap of nearly ÂÃ,½ inch between the drum and opposite side of the cylinder wall of the unit.

He also questioned the reliability of the heater due to the breach in the wall of the hollow drum chamber.

Themis, please contact me and let me know what you wish to do to correct this mistake.

Thanks,

Don

ChileanOne

Ouch, sorry to hear that. It seems that you were sent a piece of crap instead of a friction water heater.

I have been tempted to try and make one myself, but the choice of materials, the cost of the machining, etc. allways have put me down. The most annoying part is to find somebody to pierce the holes in the rotor, as they must be evenly spaced and of conical bottom, which seems not easy to do. Other worry is the need for ulra good motor grounding if you don't want to have an unexpected surprise while taking a shower.

I hope you get your money back, or better, they deliver you the good product.

Regards!