Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OVERUNITY.COM LOGO CONTEST!

Started by winner, August 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winner

Quote from: winner on August 08, 2008, 01:37:35 AM
...but we should have something that is visually clear in the 150-or-so pixel dimension for the header.

...Going a bit further, to minimize webmaster headache by just plopping a logo in the "glass block" area, we'd need a logo that looks reasonable at 80 pixels in height.

Bottom line: A clear logo at 80 pixels tall would be great.

Again, the easiest way to create logos is to start big, preferably with a vector graphics program, then reduce to 80 pixels and see if the design still works.

Quote from: Paul-R on August 08, 2008, 09:53:04 AM
I would suggest a picture of a 1 litre car towing two caravans which contain two
suitcases of useful papers and 2 tons of brick rubble.

Hey, I don't see why we can't have some fun with this and generate some spoof logos and banners too. If we do indeed end up with a voting scenario, we'll just round up the serious entries.
Cure diseases with grid computing power! Join World Community Grid!

Click logo for worldcommunitygrid.org

wattsup

I like @Freezer's banner, but it is a banner and not a logo. Also, I think Einstein should not be there. I'd put guys like Maxwell or others directly related to the overunity endeavor. There are so many to choose from.

TheOne

Quote from: wattsup on August 08, 2008, 12:58:09 PM
I like @Freezer's banner, but it is a banner and not a logo. Also, I think Einstein should not be there. I'd put guys like Maxwell or others directly related to the overunity endeavor. There are so many to choose from.

I am 100% with you on this. Better to add Viktor Schauberger instead of Einstein :)

winner

Note that the bulletin board's banner is actually several sections put together in a horizontal line: the left glass block edge, the middle of the left glass block, the join area of the two blocks, the middle of the right glass block, and the right glass block edge. It is done this way so the middle block sections can stretch with the window.

I mention this only to point out that banner designs should allow for areas that can be stretched horizontally without destroying the image. A logo will be placed somewhere on top of the banner, so a good design would have open background space for this as well.
Cure diseases with grid computing power! Join World Community Grid!

Click logo for worldcommunitygrid.org

exxcomm0n

Here's the latest with new space constraints for banner ONLY.

Keep throwing them ideas out kids. ;)

EDIT

The images could be changed pretty easy, and Shauberger might be better than Moray......

.....and the color for "Over" might be lightened a bit for better contrast.

It's a work in progress (like everything ;D ).
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.