Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

off OU topic distractions

Started by tak22, September 20, 2008, 04:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tak22

:( I find the 911, aliens, and other not OU topics distracting, and they rapidly push
the OU topics off/down the front page and forum lists. While interesting and informative
at times, they really defeat the purpose of getting and keeping as many people as
possible engaged with working on OU solutions. We will lose good people.

The new section for "We can't live without the truth" is just encouraging more of the
same problem.

??? I have no solution, just recognizing an issue.

tak

Yucca

Yes tak, I agree, OU related stuff should get higher priority.

There are a few solutions I have thought of, this is my favourite so far:

Have two recent posts lists on the homepage, the top list contains threads directly related to free energy research, the lower list contains all other threads.

This would probably require modification of the forum software, but that is doable because Stefan uses SMF forum software which is open source.

tak22

I like the two lists idea, or maybe in our PROFILE we could select forums to view, which might even
reduce bandwith as sometimes there would be less to display.

And the more we talk about this, the more it merges into the same problem ......  ;D

tak

Yucca

Quote from: tak22 on September 20, 2008, 05:57:01 PM
I like the two lists idea, or maybe in our PROFILE we could select forums to view, which might even
reduce bandwith as sometimes there would be less to display.

And the more we talk about this, the more it merges into the same problem ......  ;D

tak

LOL, don't worry about this thread knocking free energy threads off the top spot, a lot of OU members would I'm sure be thankful if ideas like this get implemented.

Not that I've got anything against political views and discussions, I just think this forum should give priority to free energy related stuff.

tak22

It's a new MIB tactic. They don't have to know anything about science or OU, they just need to be
able to type and distract. The forum list of 500 posts right now is 35% off topic, and if you add in
all the other useless posts it's probably only 50% OU.  >:(

No wonder you don't see the 'regulars' around here much anymore. 

tak